Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

New mod makes this game look awesome.

• 67 results
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#51  Edited By Icemael
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@Icemael said:

@emem: I'm referring to how Niko controls like a tank ship riding a wheelchair.

What's a tankship?

No Caption Provided
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Icemael: You mean an oil tanker? Not sure which game you played but in GTA IV Nico arrives on a ship but doesn't control like one. All GTA games since 3 basically control the same.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Getz

Your wish has been granted, it's on sale right now

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Sooty

It does look good but the game is still a terrible port. The guy that made this mod should have a crack at The Witcher 2.

I wonder if they fixed this game for ATi cards yet. On my old 4870 the game would have a high framerate but still stutter and feel off, heard it does the same for many other models. It doesn't have that problem with Nvidia cards.

Might have to give this a try on PC since I have GTA IV installed, I can get past the fact it's such a shitty port by brute forcing it with better hardware but I still feel that the game is way too much of a system hog for what it is.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Icemael
    @SeriouslyNow: Yeah, tanker is another name for it.

I seem to remember the movement controls in III being a little more snappy, but it's been a while  so I could be wrong. IV to me was just painful to play. I've had issues with the controls in all Rockstar games I've played, but that one took it to another level.
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By emem

@Icemael: Hm that's odd. Did you finish those games or stop playing them, because of the controls?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Sooty

The controls are fine but the game is a bit clunky and the driving is very weird. I think it just being clunky is the problem really.

It's certainly no Just Cause 2 or Infamous, I hope V plays better! RDR was a step forward but still a little bit off.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Chummy8

Yeah, it looks better.  But it's not as if the game ever looked bad in the first place. 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Icemael
    @emem: I haven't finished a single Rockstar game. Not purely because of the controls, but they certainly played a part.
    Emilbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Emilbus

This was the first Rockstar game i've played on PC and i really liked using keyboard+mouse combo for shooting and 360 controller for driving/travelling around.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By Heltom92

Bought it in the steam sale, now I just need to work out what mods to get and how to install them.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Are you always contending with lens flares like that at night? That'd probably be a dealbreaker for me, with this mod. Seems like there's potential there for that to be rather irritating.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By xMP44x

That is spectacular. He needs to be picked up by Rockstar for that work, because he could do some amazing things with Grand Theft Auto V when it releases. With the lens flare and other little features like that, it feels almost like the graphical style of Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days. I'm not saying that as a negative though because the visual style used for that game felt properly unique.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By clstirens

God, some of these mods are amazing. good thing I bought a copy recently, I plan to test a few of these out.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By napalm
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@Icemael: You mean an oil tanker? Not sure which game you played but in GTA IV Nico arrives on a ship but doesn't control like one. All GTA games since 3 basically control the same.

I don't agree with that at all. The games before IV were much snappier and moved quicker. When you ran and turned, your character did it quickly. Nico controls like a tank. Just basic movement is slow and tedious and anything that involves staying behind cover in tight places so you don't die becomes a nightmare. I would have much preferred movement akin to San Andreas. They gave you more tactical ways to deal with encounters without feeling the need to shoehorn a cover system in, or drastically altering basic movement functions.

That's great if some modders made the game look exponentially better, but it doesn't matter because they're still putting a spit-shine on a turd. 

That's what I think, at least.
    hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By hoossy

the filters make it look like an HBO series.... I'm loving it! 

I hope Rockstar takes note for number V

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By Kyreo

Wow. That looks fantastic.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Three0neFive
    @Heltom92 said:
    Bought it in the steam sale, now I just need to work out what mods to get and how to install them.
    Hate to burst your bubble, but most mods won't work with the Steam version since they're built for an older version of the game and the Steam auto-patches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.