Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Saints Row 3 Ruined Grand Theft Auto IV

• 51 results
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@sooty said:

People saying the driving is about skill fucking baffle me. No matter what, it's still not as much fun as driving in Vice City or San Andreas. Not even close.

I think different people have different perceptions of how you should drive in those games. I'm not sure if I can say that I "mastered" the driving in GTA IV but if I wanted to I could definitely drive around without spinning out of control. Of course that required a lot more slowing down and careful turning than in a game like Saints Row. You literally cannot drive full out pedal to the metal and slide around corners, I don't think the engine was built with that in mind. The weight everyone talks about is not something new and unique in GTA IV. Even back in GTA3 each car had it's own characteristic handling. A jeep felt heavier to steer than a sports car. If anything I thought GTA IV vehicles displayed a lack of grip rather than realistic weight. I understand how some cars when entering a handbrake turn at high speeds will simply continue sliding with their inherent momentum and won't be able to come out of that slide - but nearly all cars did that including the bikes. It more often than not felt like you're constantly driving on a sheet of ice. So I suppose it took skill to learn that you can't drive too fast or you will crash and one had to exhibit a lot of control and patience in high speed chases as you couldn't drive with reckless abandon like Saints Row for example.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.