Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Best Way for Leveling/Making Money?

Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cleric22

I've noticed a trend with missions where they either lean towards more money of more XP. What missions have you found to be the most rewarding? I'm currently level 27 and in a crew of only three people.

-Survival missions pay out 20,000 is you survive the ten waves, and the amount of kills you get usually pays out pretty well XP wise.

-Martin's missions are quick if your team is coordinated enough.

-Under level 20, Gerald seems to have the most action packed missions

-The racing level "taking off" can be run solo in under a minute for quick XP, but can get boring very quickly.

What else have you guys found to be the best way for money or XP?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Doing Criminal Records with bikes on 1 lap will net you a good chunk of money if you run it constantly for an hour or so.

That is if you can stand the grind.

Selling a car when you log in and then about to log out is also an easy 5k at least or 8k if you get a good car.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Doing races is the best money out there. I guess they figure they need to pay out enough money so that you can afford to buy good cars. I find that death matches barely pay for the ammo unless you do really short ones. I've been ignoring the missions for the most part. Nine holes of golf will get you 3K RP (assuming you win), but a 3 minute race with enough people would do that too.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Clonedzero

Yup, spamming races is the best money. But god does it get old fast. Plus everyone picks super cars, and personally i think super cars are the most boring class of cars int he game. Hey guess what? EVERYONE picked the entity. Oh same with muscle cars in races. EVERYONE picks the damn gauntlet. Why? cus clearly they're the best, but why even have the choice?!

UGH rant rant rant.

There used to be some high level missions that paid real nice, but they nerfed the SHIT out of it. I don't even know why. They used to be 20-25k which was pretty awesome, now they're like 10k. Which is ok, but they're pretty hard missions and they can sometimes take a while.

Better off spamming 2 minute long races, even if you lose int he same amount of time you'll probably make more money. If you're the host, please pick something more interesting than super, bikes and muscle cars. Those get boring as fuck.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

@clonedzero: It's not that they've nerfed mission revenues exactly, it's that now whenever you replay a mission, the money is halved. It still kinda sucks, though, and is only pushing people to do even more race spamming and is completely eliminating the community surrounding a lot of the other activities. Matchmaking was always pretty difficult, but now it feels downright impossible to find anyone join you for a mission.

Since Rockstar are so very blatantly looking to force people into at least considering their microtransactions, though, I imagine they'll be cleaving race winnings as well sooner or later.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Better off spamming 2 minute long races, even if you lose int he same amount of time you'll probably make more money. If you're the host, please pick something more interesting than super, bikes and muscle cars. Those get boring as fuck.

Also, please pick something more interesting than Down the Drain or Criminal Records. I'm sick of those two tracks.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Clonedzero

@yummylee said:

@clonedzero: It's not that they've nerfed mission revenues exactly, it's that now whenever you replay a mission, the money is halved. It still kinda sucks, though, and is only pushing people to do even more race spamming and is completely eliminating the community surrounding a lot of the other activities. Matchmaking was always pretty difficult, but now it feels downright impossible to find anyone join you for a mission.

Since Rockstar are so very blatantly looking to force people into at least considering their microtransactions, though, I imagine they'll be cleaving race winnings as well sooner or later.

I'm pretty certain they pay alot less no matter what, i got a mission i did before the patch from Ron that would normally pay like 25k. it paid 12k, i didnt enter a lobby that had done it already. It was me being host from a random mission that got texted to me from Ron.

If you mean its halved if ive EVER done the mission before, well thats just awful. I think missions should pay the most by far. They take longer than races and deathmatches, they're alot harder, and if you fail you dont get anything.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@yummylee said:

If you mean its halved if ive EVER done the mission before, well thats just awful.

Yeah, that's what I meant. It's halved for you regardless of whom you're playing with or if it's pre/post patch. I done a mission yesterday that I had never played before with a GB'r who had; he was awarded 5K while I was awarded 10.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait until a 16 person race that lasts over 10 minutes and stretches across the entire map pays out $500 for first place.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Can't wait until a 16 person race that lasts over 10 minutes and stretches across the entire map pays out $500 for first place.

theres a race like that, but yeah it pays really well, took 9 minutes for me to finish in first the one time i did it. Grand Tour i think its called

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

theres a race like that, but yeah it pays really well, took 9 minutes for me to finish in first the one time i did it. Grand Tour i think its called

Oh I know I did plenty of races that traversed a large chunk of the map. I honestly can't wait until they let custom missions in so that we can get more creative races. I think the entire desert area is highly under utilized.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If you are good at racing, then racing is the way to go. If you win more than you lose, most races pay out 10+k $ and 2-3,5k RP. All you need is a lobby with at least 4 players sticking around for a good while, and you're set. Coming in 2nd pays well too.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Why doesn't this game let you be a hooker?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I can't believe they're halving the amount you make from repeating missions. Most missions have horrible payouts already and I'm constantly getting the same missions from Gerald, Simeon, Martin, etc...

It's like Rockstar is trying to make racing and microtransactions the only viable way to make money in this game.

I'm kind of flabbergasted by this news. It's completely understandable to remove the exploits that allowed people to cheat for cash but I don't think that grinding missions is an exploit.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehbk said:

Sexism and misogyny, it's Rockstar dood, duh.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@humanity said:

@thehbk said:

Hilariously enough I bothered to pick up a hooker once with my female character in online just to see what happened and...same animation for female characters so apparently my chicka is packing heat.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@thehbk said:

Hilariously enough I bothered to pick up a hooker once with my female character in online just to see what happened and...same animation for female characters so apparently my chicka is packing heat.

Maybe all the females in GTA are secretly not actually females.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spraynardtatum

@humanity said:

@demoskinos said:

@humanity said:

@thehbk said:

Show me the birth certificate!

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@humanity said:

@demoskinos said:

@humanity said:

@thehbk said:

Show me the birth certificate!

Blimey! Typical sexist Rockstar, they hate women so much even the women are men!!!

tankerfawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tankerfawn

Maybe HERE is good for ur question.. Hope it can help u. <3

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Hehe. I've found a good way I think. I did a random mission yesterday, and the game suddenly saw fit to give me 67 million dollars for it. I thought it was a bit much for nicking a tanker full of fuel, but who am I to argue. I've got some money to burn before I'm found out now. I've already bought the huge fecking military transport plane, and the dump truck. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.