Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Custom license plate name doesn't carry to online?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I have a custom license plate name in the single player mode. I don't see it on my car in the online mode. Is there no custom name feature in the online mode?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really think there is, but goddamn if I could find it.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mideonnviscera: @golguin: There is. On the iFruit app, your online cars will now appear in Los Santos Customs. Below the three protagonists will be your Social Club username, along with your cars that you own.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie said:

@mideonnviscera: @golguin: There is. On the iFruit app, your online cars will now appear in Los Santos Customs. Below the three protagonists will be your Social Club username, along with your cars that you own.

But why doesn't my car have my custom license plate number online?

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I assumed it just needed to find it after a few syncs back and forth. My single player license didn't show up until the third time it connected to the social club. However, my character was deleted before I could check again.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: You need to set it for every car you own.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By golguin

@baillie said:

@golguin: You need to set it for every car you own.

There is no option to change the name on the license plate tab. I can only change the license plate. The custom name is there on the app as the global name.

EDIT: Okay scratch that. I needed to take the car into the custom auto in the actual game to apply my custom license plate name. I guess I have to drive every vehicle in there to make it apply. In case anyone is wondering I changed the color on the license plate so that an order could go through.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: Oh, is that how it's done! I got a message saying it worked and it was still a random plate, so convoluted.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie said:

@golguin: Oh, is that how it's done! I got a message saying it worked and it was still a random plate, so convoluted.

Yes, it has to be an actual order on the license plate to apply the name to it. I had taken my car in there to apply some color to my wheels and the license didn't change. It only changed when I changed the color on the license plate through the app. The game let me know that an order was place. I went in there, paid for the order, and the custom name was applied along with the new license plate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.