Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

GTA Online's Most Expensive Apartment

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I know this will be classed as YouTube spam, but I bought the most expensive apartment in GTA: Online. I thought I'd take a look around and let people see if they think it's worth the $400,000 asking price.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dimsey

Looks exactly the same as my $200,000 or so apartment. You've probably got a better view, but other than that...

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Carlos1408

Nice pad dude. Good to see GTA Online is finally working. Might give it a try later on today. By the way isn't that apartment the one they showed on the trailer?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Capum15

@dcgc: Yeah I've got like, three grand to my name if that. Apartment looks cool though.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

200K or 400K. Same exact apartment.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

@baillie: You're good, dude...it's relevant and in the correct forum at least. That being said...I want this apartment so I'm going to pass on watching this, I want to be surprised.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MiniPato

@dimsey said:

Looks exactly the same as my $200,000 or so apartment. You've probably got a better view, but other than that...

Yeah, you're pretty much paying 200,000 dollars more for a better view.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

How the hell did you get 400k already? O_o

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By uberexplodey

@demoskinos: You can quick restart missions after completing them by pressing RT at the leaderboard screen after you "like" it or whatever. So ideally you'd call up Gerald, get his Violent Ducts mission, kill dudes, deliver the coke, grab $9000 in like 3 minutes provided you have a crew that knows what's up, then restart. That's the quickest way to grind out money in the early game from what I've seen.

Lester has a mission called A Titan of a Job that pays $10000 as a reward but takes a bit longer, and Ron has one called Base Invaders that pays $25000, which is a bit more difficult than the previous mentioned.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@uberexplodey: I've heard a lot about this "Violent Ducts" mission. Almost rank 13 now so can't wait to get to 15 to try it out. That is, assuming the Rockstar servers stay up today.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I got the 205k one. It's gigantic. Awesome.

I also appear to have lost my lvl 25 or 26 character, I guess the apartment is lost too? So well fuck that noise. I'm outta here.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the cheapest one, that was probably a mistake it kinda sucks.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that view was worth 200k. I spend an hour or so grinding out the solo play->xbox live game store trick to remove wanted level to get this. What im amazed about is the price of this apartment being 400k and thinking some of those supercars are in the million range. Theres no way I would be able to think about grinding to get that much.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm gonna grab the $130,000 with a 6 car garage. It's cheap with a big garage and I think that's all I need.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's literally the same as the 200K one. Sucks that Rockstar didn't make different looking houses but whatever. I think that view isn't worth 200k extra but dammit, I don't want to my view to be just buildings. I guess I'll get this one. :/

@capum15@dcgc Do what @uberexplodey said. When you get the Violent Duct mission from Gerald, play with some friends (easier that way) and beat it. When it goes to the screen where you like/dislike the mission, press R2/RT to quickly restart it. Everyone has to like/dislike the mission and only 2 people have to press R2/RT to restart the mission. You can make $50,000 in 10 minutes or less.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if you can sell an apartment? Or what happens to the first one if you buy another?

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By uberexplodey

@clonedzero: you get half your money back on your original payment when you buy a new apartment.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Capum15

@awesomeusername: I'd do that mission if the game would let me level up. Maybe it's fixed already but my character decided to revert 3 times a day ago, and before that I wasn't able to join a job (failed to download job message) when connected with other people (solo / invite only sessions were fine, but again, lost that progression), no matter if it was an invite from someone, or directly from Lamar.

I just want that sweet-ass 205k apartment with a 10 car garage. Looks pretty great.

Edit: Game decided to re-level my lady up to 8, though instead of 23k it just gave me 1k back. At least it's something.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

I also appear to have lost my lvl 25 or 26 character, I guess the apartment is lost too? So well fuck that noise. I'm outta here.

Maybe you just can't connect to the cloud servers?

I bought the 220k apartment when I was level 24. After the update I got bumped down to level 14, but kept my apartment and access to all level 24 weapons and armor. So there might be a chance you haven't lost everything.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By Seppli

@minipato said:

@seppli said:

Maybe you just can't connect to the cloud servers?

I bought the 220k apartment when I was level 24. After the update I got bumped down to level 14, but kept my apartment and access to all level 24 weapons and armor. So there might be a chance you haven't lost everything.

24 hours after losing my character, the game still prompts me to create a new character. I haven't done it yet, because I can't believe all my progress is really gone. I've earned 600k and spent like 596k of that. I've 3k to my name. A week's progress lost.

I didn't just lose progress like you, my character is gone, so whatever progress was tied to that character is lost too. Weapons, appartments, all the unlocked missions and activities, even the achievements are lost (at least in the social club, guess they're still there on PSN). It sucks.

Seriously, if you launch what amounts to an MMO, the one thing you cannot lose is player characters. I've been around for a ton of online game launches, and this is the first to ever lose my characters and progress completely. It's almost as if Rockstar is trolling us with some social experiment. Or well, they're just completely incompetent when it comes to online games.

It's a beta right now, and Rockstar and Take 2 have failed to label it as such, which is their greatest shortcoming. Or they just plain overestimated their capabilities of handling this launch. Either way, it's a fuck-up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.