Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

GTA V coming Oct 2012? (Rumor)

• 54 results
    pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By pr1mus

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Pr1mus said:

Take 2 said they expect to make between 1.75 and 1.85 billions in revenue for the year ending in march 2013. That's 600-700 million more than two years ago when they released Red Dead Redemption and almost double what they made last year. That's almost like saying that GTA V will be released sometimes before march 31st next year. Considering they just pushed Bioshock Infinite from October to February next year i'd say they indirectly confirmed GTA V for this October. That or they are out of their fucking mind regarding their potential revenues.

Very interesting analysis. Where did they say that though?

2 Days ago! http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/22/take-two-ends-fiscal-12-with-loss-high-13-projection-raises-e/

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By fjordson

Yeah, I saw a similar take on it on a GTA fansite. I really hope it's true. Though with each passing day without any sort of new info my optimism starts to dim, bit by bit =[

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

On Friday's Weekend Confirmed podcast, Garnett talked about Take Two's latest earning call and they're predicting a huge influx of sales/money by the end of the year. The only thing that they have coming that really fits the bill for it is GTA5, so I totally believe at this point they're looking at a release in 2012, pretty much just for that reason.

I'm sure we'll know more at E3, even if Rockstar isn't going to officially be there, they will no doubt be showing the game at either the MS or Sony press conference.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By fjordson

@Krakn3Dfx said:

On Friday's Weekend Confirmed podcast, Garnett talked about Take Two's latest earning call and they're predicting a huge influx of sales/money by the end of the year. The only thing that they have coming that really fits the bill for it is GTA5, so I totally believe at this point they're looking at a release in 2012, pretty much just for that reason.

I'm sure we'll know more at E3, even if Rockstar isn't going to officially be there, they will no doubt be showing the game at either the MS or Sony press conference.

Didn't they mean by the end of the fiscal year, though? They could be banking on other games doing well and just releasing GTA V right at the end of this fiscal period, which could be as late as March of next year.

GTA IV made over 500 million in its first week, and most analysts are saying GTA V is going to easily eclipse what IV did at retail, so they might only need a week or two of GTA V on shelves in order to meet expectations.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right, there's definitely still a chance we could see it this holiday, but the more time that passes without any sort of new info makes me more and more doubtful =[ I'm hoping they'll put something out right before E3 like Pachter and everyone is saying since R* loves to steal everyone's thunder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.