Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

I figured out THE reason to work on the shooting skill

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I started a new game, as I often do for GTA games, and I noticed a tooltip in the corner saying that not only does training your firearms skill increase your accuracy, but as it goes up, you gain the ability to carry more ammunition. I can definitely tell the difference, as I ended GTAV's story the first time with each character being able to carry over 1,000 ammo for each weapon, at least. Starting off fresh in Online or story made me realize that you can only carry a couple hundred bullets/shells for your guns until you train the skill. Anyway, just thought you guys should know this, because it seems pretty important.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar

@greggd said:

I started a new game, as I often do for GTA games, and I noticed a tooltip in the corner saying that not only does training your firearms skill increase your accuracy, but as it goes up, you gain the ability to carry more ammunition. I can definitely tell the difference, as I ended GTAV's story the first time with each character being able to carry over 1,000 ammo for each weapon, at least. Starting off fresh in Online or story made me realize that you can only carry a couple hundred bullets/shells for your guns until you train the skill. Anyway, just thought you guys should know this, because it seems pretty important.

Man fuck Rockstar and their terrible tooltips. Do they seriously expect people to win a race, listen to Lamarr AND notice a tiny tool tip in the corner at the same time?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Nubster

@greggd said:

Man fuck Rockstar and their terrible tooltips. Do they seriously expect people to win a race, listen to Lamarr AND notice a tiny tool tip in the corner at the same time?

Don't forget to tap the gas pedal to drive faster.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just do more mission's and you'll do much much better at shooting.

that's what i did.

PSN Eriko1989 represent! :P

Oh, I absolutely know how to upgrade the shooting stat, but thank you for the tip. :)

This thread was intended for all those people who use auto-aim and claim that the shooting stat is meaningless if you go that route.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.