Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Other than tricks, is there a point to Chop the Dog app?

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HermanBloom

As he's learnt to sit, and now every hour I'm getting an alert saying he's getting hungry/thirsty/taking a shit. Which whilst all very nice, isn't particularly exciting. However I don't want to make the poor chap unhappy, so can I just un-install this and the game will pretend this sorry episode never happened?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'm only 1/2 through the game and so far chop was useful...err once...and even then it was more like the made me use him. And to be honest i think 90% of that was so R* could show us two dog fucking. I think "See, doggies think they're people," was R* point for showing that whole sequence. Can't say I was amused or not amused, it was just one more thing they MAKE you do instead of showing how that would be something you want to do. That is to say, THE FINDING PEOPLE with the dog...not watching the two dogs screwing.

On the other hand, as I said, I think I'm half way through maybe a bit more since I have done three heists. So, maybe the dog becomes useful again or Franklin shoots the dog in some ol' yeller moment, to be honest I'd rather shoot Franklin's friends.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

I really don't understand why the dog is in the game...can you take him on missions other than the ONE he is used for? Do you call him on your cell and he flys in or something? I don't know what they were getting at with Chop

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Karkarov

Well considering Chop has taken a dump on Franklins property every time I come to visit him maybe those poo poo's happen with or without the app. Just with the app you have a chance of preventing the doggy doo doo. Too bad I got a android phone and no ipad :P

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RonGalaxy

You can use it to customize your car as well and make custom licence plates (though, you can easily customize your car in game).

You could try this

No Caption Provided

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

i've heard he's supposed to help you locate collectibles once he's trained enough. i would just look at a map that has the locations marked if i were you. many of the ones i've collected so far, especially a couple that i literally had to parachute to or land a chopper on a spot not much larger than a prius to collect, i can't see a dog climbing to.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HermanBloom

Ok thanks guys, I think I can leave him to poop away by the sounds of things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.