Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto

Franchise »

Grand Theft Auto is a sandbox-violence game, that has drawn attention all over the world, and has pretty much become one of the most noticeable criminal-sandbox franchises ever.

What I want to see/not to see in the next GTA installment

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Castiel

E3 is two months away and I wouldn't be surprised if GTA V is one of titles to be announced during the show. The time for a new game in the series just seems right to me. 

Now GTA IV was pretty impressive in the way it portrayed the big city, so it actually felt like a real living city. With RDR they it took a steep further with the random happenings around you and the whole inclusion of wild animals. 

So what I want to see in the next installment is the following:

1. A bigger map. I enjoyed the size of the world in San Andreas, even though some people found it too big, I personally enjoyed the different environments, which brings me to point number two.

2. More variation in the environments. While I did enjoy the city in GTA IV, that was all you got! You didn't have any forrests or desserts, which would have been nice, since the skyscrapers and grey industrial areas started to look the same after a while. 

3. Wild animals. After RDR I think it would be cool if there was wild animals in the next GTA game. Imagine walking in the forrest when all of a sudden a big fuckin' grizzly bear attacks you. It would also help to create a bigger contrast between the city areas and the wild nature areas. 

4. A goddamn Ipod, Iphone or just a regurlar old MP3 player. The GTA games have amazing soundtracks and I hate when I have to get out of the car, when some awesome song is on and as soon as get out I can't hear the song no more. What the hell is that? I want to have the option to listen to music when I ain't driving a vehicle or flying a motherfuckin' chopper. 

5. BRING BACK AIRPLANES! The choppers are fine, but I missed the airplanes from SA. They are much easier to control and you can do barrel rolls in them! I rest my case. 

6. More urban legends. I'm a sucker for urban legends and I loved all the stuff in that has been in the previous games and I want more. I'm talking ufo sightings, haunted houses and alligators in the sewers. Maybe even a big scary sea-monster?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now to the negative. As much as I liked GTA IV and previous installments, there is a couple of things I don't want to see again:

1: No more real life simulations. It quickly became annoying constantly getting calls from friends in GTA IV, I get enough calls to begin anyway, so I don't need that part of my life invading my videogames. Taking fictional friends out for a fictional breakfast... eh not that much fun really. WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT!?

2 Territorial fights = a big NONO. This really annoyed me in SA, you won a territory and ten seconds after another one got attacked. In the end I just ignored them. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So that's what I have to say about that. But what about you? What do you want to see in the next GTA and what do you want to just fuck of?
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

Territorial fights were fun as hell.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Castiel
    @Axxol:  Yeah they were fun to begin, but after a while they just got too much. In my opinion they interferred with the main game.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BraveToaster
    @Castiel: Awesome avatar btw. I'm a fan of Supernatural myself.
    oddface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oddface
    @Castiel said: 
    1: No more real life simulations. It quickly became annoying constantly getting calls from friends in GTA IV, I get enough calls to begin anyway, so I don't need that part of my life invading my videogames. Taking fictional friends out for a fictional breakfast... eh not that much fun really. WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT!?
    I kinda liked going out with friends because you got to know the characters better. The way it was done was annoying at times, but I would like to see it improved rather than taken out completely. 

For me GTAIV was all about the world, story and characters. And awesome physics. If they can get that stuff right again it will be a winner in my eyes. I really loved IV.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By FancySoapsMan

They should give you an option to turn off your phone, that way you don't get a penalty for ignoring calls.

And I hope they fix the cover system, although they could just use RDR's, which was pretty good.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By BulletproofMonk
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " They should give you an option to turn off your phone, that way you don't get a penalty for ignoring calls. "
    You can turn off your phone.
    Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Vexed

I hope they bring more character customization back.  Really everything I want out of GTA V boils down to more variety.  More vehicles types, more clothes, different enviroments, etc.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Castiel:

I am the complete opposite. I liked your MP3 player idea though.....kinda. But you could just play your own music anyway on the 360.

Also your wish to have it bigger is much easier said than done. There's no way they could make a map as big as San Andreas and include as much detail as they did with IV. If they went your way it would really suffer what they were trying to do.

I just want them to reign in the babysitter part about the cellphone and the controls, that's really all I need for the next game.

Oh and hopefully they really switch it up and you don't feel like an errand boy the entire time. That's all I want.
    Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Castiel

I just wanted to say that I'm a goddamn prophet. I was right in most regards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.