Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Guitar Hero World Tour Gets Cheap

Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Ryan  Staff
    At these prices, I'll start breaking my guitar controllers on purpose!
    There's been some free-floating speculation that Guitar Hero and Rock Band haven't been pulling their weight at retail this year, particularly when compared to the business these wildly popular franchises did last year. While I'm sure that the fancy analysts used lots of high-level industry contacts, expensive market research, and, I dunno, chicken blood to come to their conclusions, all you really need to do is see that Sam's Club is selling the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii versions of World Tour bundled with a guitar for $77.77, down from the usual $99.99 price point. Bad news for Activision and Guitar Hero, great news for rhythm game fans whose living rooms are already overcrowded with drums and microphones! I have to wonder if the nascent retail backlash against these bulky bundles has Activision rethinking its hands-free Tony Hawk game.
    Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ryan  Staff
    There's been some free-floating speculation that Guitar Hero and Rock Band haven't been pulling their weight at retail this year, particularly when compared to the business these wildly popular franchises did last year. While I'm sure that the fancy analysts used lots of high-level industry contacts, expensive market research, and, I dunno, chicken blood to come to their conclusions, all you really need to do is see that Sam's Club is selling the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii versions of World Tour bundled with a guitar for $77.77, down from the usual $99.99 price point. Bad news for Activision and Guitar Hero, great news for rhythm game fans whose living rooms are already overcrowded with drums and microphones! I have to wonder if the nascent retail backlash against these bulky bundles has Activision rethinking its hands-free Tony Hawk game.
    solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By solidlife

First!
    thats nice i hope a price cut comes to the UK
    even though im not into this music i would like to try a GH game

Boggalog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Boggalog

We still need the drums, mic and second guitar to get a price as well before the game REALLY starts selling.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bfe6136a8a7
    deactivated-61bfe6136a8a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the guitar bundle(that's the game and the guitar) for the 360 for $59 off of Amazon the other day.  That's even better than this, and I didn't have to make the venture to a Sam's Club.

PLWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By PLWolf

I did the same as mudkip9000, but I got the PS3 version. It arrived last night and I played til 1AM. Good Times

FYI, Amazon.com is doing 15 Days and 15 Deals right now with a Video Game Deal of the Day.

Avatar image for numberthirtyone
    numberThirtyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By numberThirtyOne

I got the Guitar Bundle with an extra wireless Les Paul thrown in from redoctane.com for $80 yesterday.  You need a coupon code or it's $100.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By dsplayer1010

Of course. My Rock Band guitar is busted, and now they put out this deal. I must restrain myself from buying this.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The black friday sales on these things were even lower. It seems as though they can't even give these things away. I was a much bigger fan of GH3 than GHWT.

Avatar image for deactivated-6296e29cde7c5
    deactivated-6296e29cde7c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn I payed $100 for the 360 guitar bundle.

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By walreese55

dude, the drums are where it's at.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By strangeling

i'm thinking most people (like myself) want the whole kit (especially drums), or they already have compatible instruments from rock band and just need the game.  That would make the guitar bundles not as popular, and thus overstocked.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Media_Master

a lot of $ for fake instruments

selenalove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By selenalove

This is more expensive I cann,t afford I were looking for christmas Any way if price comes down in uk I will pick in future.
    Mario kart  wii

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By RandomHero666
    selenalove said:
    "This is more expensive I cann,t afford I were looking for christmas Any way if price comes down in uk I will pick in future.
    Mario kart  wii"
    GHWT & Guitar in HMV for £58 is about as cheap as it will be here until at least the January sales.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.