Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hacknet

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 12, 2015

A terminal-based hacking game, following the story of a recently deceased hacker named Bit.

Anyone else playing this ?

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I decided to check this out after the GBeast QL, and it's actually super interesting

I never played Uplink, but apparently fans of that game are enjoying this one, and I'm thinking maybe I should check that game out once my time with this one is over.

I was more than a little surprised to check out the forum and see that no one is really talking about it. Has anyone else been checking it out and have any opinions on it ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Well, now that I've learned it runs on Linux, it's on my wish list. I've never had a hacking game, but it sounds neat.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked it up after all the GOTY talk from Jeff and Vinny. I've never played a game solely about hacking so it was slow to start, but after a couple of hours yesterday that game is awesome.

ClockworkTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is awesome! I only heard about it through its OST and somehow a couple of friends of mine heard about it at the same time. I finally dove into it and love it so much. I appreciate Jeff and Vinny singing its praises throughout the insanity that was GOTY.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Started playing recently. Man, this game is cool. I've played hacking games before, but this one feels *better* somehow in a way that I can't quite put my finger on. The hacker messing up your system and you having to get the missing file back via DOS was crazy and awesome.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I loved this game. I fucked up stopping for a while just before the ending (didn't realize I was so close at the time), and running out of time to play it and not being able to get back to it for like a week. Also the final mission broke somewhat for me, which sucked.

But really loved the game overall. The part @shagge mentions was really awesome, and made me feel super smart.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone else "finish" the clicker game ?

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PizzaSauce

This game is awesome.

That moment, pretty early on, getting hacked, and then reverse hacking/ stealing the guys OS, is one of the best moments I've had in a game in a long time.

Also, any game where I can open the disk tray from the game interface is pretty awesome.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great game... but one thing keeps bothering me:

practically EVERY instance of the word " it's " is wrong. Seriously. About a dozen in the first hour. It's such a great game, but man, it's distracting when a text-based game has a constant basic grammatical error. Still love it.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I bought this on the steam sale before GOTY based on a recommendation from @ltsquigs. Finished it in 3 sittings a couple of days before the podcasts started and was very glad I did. This game's got styyyyyyle for days and that final hack made me feel like such a badass.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought this on the steam sale before GOTY based on a recommendation from @ltsquigs. Finished it in 3 sittings a couple of days before the podcasts started and was very glad I did. This game's got styyyyyyle for days and that final hack made me feel like such a badass.

ALL the style. Did you get the honey theme from the redline quest? It's super cool, with a honeycomb background.

Still bummed that every " it's " in the entire game is the wrong one.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I bought it after hearing Jeff & Vinny talk so positively about in on GOTY. It's awesome and the soundtrack is fantastic. There's something oddly satisfying about it. Maybe it's the fact that there's a gradual learning curve where you feel like you're actually learning how to hack.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Blackout62

@dudeglove: Does the update fix the "it's" problem? Because I don't think I'd be able to go back to the game without noticing that now and getting bothered by it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.