Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Several years after the Black Mesa disaster, Gordon Freeman awakens from stasis to aid a resistance movement against the Combine, a collective of trans-dimensional aliens that have conquered Earth.

Favorite HL Moment?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

This refers to the entire series, including the episodes. I don't think anybody could ever hate the following part, pretty hilarious and a great display of humor.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By coakroach

Sex.
    Clever.

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tanuki

*Spoiler*

I loved the ending.  What can I say?  The foreshadowing scene when Alyx is almost killed, and then again when Eli is killed.  I absolutely loved how Ep.2 cut off.  Slowly fades out and then Alyx says "...don't leave me..."  right before the credit role.  I was like.  Wow... That was WAY better than Ep.1!  That was awesome!!

manwithnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By manwithnoname

Ravenholm hands down. From chucking giant blades of death into zombies to the crazy preacher, I love it.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By weltal

Probably the ant lion turret defense sequence from Episode Two. The two guys shouting back and forth and cracking jokes while fighting off hoards of ant lions was awesome.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

I love the Citadel ride on one of those people pods. I loved how  it just showed the might of the Combine (and then after the citadel blew up how disorganized they really are.)

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

manwithnoname said:
    "Ravenholm hands down. From chucking giant blades of death into zombies to the crazy preacher, I love it."
    The first time I played through Ravenholm, I hated it.  I thought it had the same problems as Halo's Library.

But after repeated playthroughs, I enjoy that section quite a bit more now. 

But my favorite part is certainly the Strider battle in Half-Life 2.  Epic in every sense of the word.
    Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tanuki
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    But my favorite part is certainly the Strider battle in Half-Life 2.  Epic in every sense of the word."

I love how, in place of Boss Battles, Valve just tries to make epic battles with Striders or Gunships instead of 'cliche flashing weak point bosses.  Sorta... like... what they did at the end of HL1.  *Shudders*  God, that was a poor design choice.  I love that scene too, with the Striders, and the gunship battle in Ep.1, where the gunship keeps shooting away parts of the roof and the floor and the sunlight makes it hard to see the gunship.  (I think it's around when you enter or leave the hospital)  Love that battle!
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#9  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Tanuki said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:
    But my favorite part is certainly the Strider battle in Half-Life 2.  Epic in every sense of the word."

I love how, in place of Boss Battles, Valve just tries to make epic battles with Striders or Gunships instead of 'cliche flashing weak point bosses.  Sorta... like... what they did at the end of HL1.  *Shudders*  God, that was a poor design choice.  I love that scene too, with the Striders, and the gunship battle in Ep.1, where the gunship keeps shooting away parts of the roof and the floor and the sunlight makes it hard to see the gunship.  (I think it's around when you enter or leave the hospital)  Love that battle!"
    *Spoilers*

It was also very epic when Dog tackled the Strider [as well as him tackling the Advisor]. Valve really knows how to make scripted sequences and still make you feel a part of them.
    achoyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By achoyq

Dog versus the Strider...and of course the ending of episode 2...stood up and applauded at the ending...

J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By J0n3s1

Nova prospekt is pretty awesome..

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
    @Vinchenzo said:

" Tanuki said:

"Sir_Ragnarok said:

I love how, in place of Boss Battles, Valve just tries to make epic battles with Striders or Gunships instead of 'cliche flashing weak point bosses.  Sorta... like... what they did at the end of HL1.  *Shudders*  God, that was a poor design choice.  I love that scene too, with the Striders, and the gunship battle in Ep.1, where the gunship keeps shooting away parts of the roof and the floor and the sunlight makes it hard to see the gunship.  (I think it's around when you enter or leave the hospital)  Love that battle!"
    *Spoilers*It was also very epic when Dog tackled the Strider [as well as him tackling the Advisor]. Valve really knows how to make scripted sequences and still make you feel a part of them. "
    Yeah! And with all the new scripted physics stuff they're using they can makes some crazy shit happen too! Like the first time you see an Advisor and it just tears shit up. Edit... didn't know how old this was...
    FATH3AD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By FATH3AD

whenever the cool music starts playing during battles in any of the half life games, i automatically feel awesome :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.