Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Several years after the Black Mesa disaster, Gordon Freeman awakens from stasis to aid a resistance movement against the Combine, a collective of trans-dimensional aliens that have conquered Earth.

Half Life 2 LP *Part 1*

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So after watching many many LPs as of late I picked to do one. Sadly I could only find one of my Half Life 2 disks. After playing with the editing stuff for a wile I came up with this. I am still learning with the editing tools so bare with me! I am gonna see how this goes and if people like it I will keep going 

Also sorry about the bad commentary. I was sort of nevrous 

Damn. The sound is way way off sync! 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So after watching many many LPs as of late I picked to do one. Sadly I could only find one of my Half Life 2 disks. After playing with the editing stuff for a wile I came up with this. I am still learning with the editing tools so bare with me! I am gonna see how this goes and if people like it I will keep going 

Also sorry about the bad commentary. I was sort of nevrous 

Damn. The sound is way way off sync! 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Seems like doing a Let's Play is a lot of fun. I would do one for Morrowind when I get it but I don't have a capture card/device/whatever

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @natetodamax said:
    " Seems like doing a Let's Play is a lot of fun. I would do one for Morrowind when I get it but I don't have a capture card/device/whatever "
    I am gonna go re record this LP. My commentary is off to much and it bothers me lol 
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Kyreo

YAY!!!!  Keep these up.  This will be the new endurance run!!! 

Turn your voice up though... it's a little loud and don't be nervous.  Just imagine us (the viewers) as one of your friends watching over your shoulder. 

EDIT:  and don't be a dick by jumping around and throwing can at Vorts. 

EDITIER: When people ask you stuff... say stuff in response.  I think it might be funny.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    I am gonna try to make one a day. And I am gonna try to fix the commentary sync issue. I think I must just have messed up the audio part.
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By armaan8014

Not bad dude. I didn't find the commentary to be off at all! 
    How about you get a friend to sit and watch with you like in the ERs? It would be funnier and give you more topics to discuss about!

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @armaan8014 said:
    " Not bad dude. I didn't find the commentary to be off at all!  How about you get a friend to sit and watch with you like in the ERs? It would be funnier and give you more topics to discuss about! "
    It was a bit off sync wasnt it? 
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By armaan8014
    @The_Laughing_Man:  No, I didn't notice anything like that. But if you're not satisfied with it, you can change it for self-satisfaction :D
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Evilsbane

Haha this was actually pretty funny and no I didn't find that the sound was off at all, maybe in one or two spots it was off but if you hadnt pointed it out I honestly would not have noticed. Good stuff and try to show the game a bit more you were skipping through a lot of cool stuff but I guess pretty much everyone has played HL2 at this point so not really a big deal I have myself played it to hell and back. "They finally added a sound to No your are STuPID" that was great!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

Where's Slowbeef when you need him?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude

That opening scene gets me every time. The only bad thing is, it makes me want to play Half Life 2 again. Good job.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By captain_clayman
    @armaan8014 said:
    " Not bad dude. I didn't find the commentary to be off at all!  How about you get a friend to sit and watch with you like in the ERs? It would be funnier and give you more topics to discuss about! "
    this

friends always make LP's better. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I am glad everyone is enjoying this. I will make a second one soon. I might switch to viddler because it allows longer uploads then youtube. 

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aeterna

well, there's a bunch of tips on some of the big lp forums; letsplayforum, gameanyone, pennyarcade etc. 

I've lp'd HL2 myself so perhaps you'd want to use it as a comparison. 

You will probably want to record your mic and ingame audio seperately, that way you can change the volume of one where necessary. Also if it goes out of sync at some point you can correct it. 
    You seem to use a weird aspect ratio as there's bars at top and bottom, you'll want to watch that and also take the bitrate in mind for video sizes and therefore upload times and storage capacity. 

You can edit stuff like your mic hardware switch out or you can simply just be quiet, which is what I do. 

As for getting used to lp'ing - yes you will get used to it.. it'll take some time but you'll notice that you'll perform worse than when you're playing alone and that you're going to be taking longer as well. It really irritated me at the start.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.