Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

Should I bother getting ODST?

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine

I'm thinking I might sell Halo 3 because the only reason I still have it is because I play the online play all the time and I think I might get ODST. It is going for $50 on amazon right now and I would probably get $17 for H3. That $33 bucks which is like 5 hours of work for me (I'm in high school, have a part time job at a fast food restaurant.) So is ODST worth 5 hours of labor?

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By LiquidSwords

Nope
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ArchScabby

The single player's fun, and firefight is awesome, andif you don't have any the the DLC like me, it makes it even more worth it.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By m1k3

i was gonna get it, but i decided to hold off and wait till MW2

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Seedofpower
    @ArchScabby said:
    " The single player's fun, and firefight is awesome, andif you don't have any the the DL like I did, it makes it even more worth it. "
    Basically

If you are done with the H3 story and you don't have any of the DLC, its worth the buy.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Strange situation, Wolvie.  

Probably worth it. I say probably because you'd have to be sure about the amount you'd get for trading in Halo 3. Me, I rarely trade in games because I like to swing around to them again every once and a while. Halo 3, for instance, had a singleplayer campaign I rather enjoyed.  

But, if you're confident you don't want to play through the singleplayer any more, are only in it for multiplayer, and are sure you're going to get a halfway-reasonable sum of cash for trading the game in, then you might want to think about ODST. The campaign might pose similar problems, though, and Firefight is good only if you have cats willing to play with you.  

I don't know, man. Something you've really got to think about. 

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Druminator

yea it's pretty fun and if you don't have the map packs already then for sure. the campaign is pretty good. gamestop is giving more money for games if you trade them in towards it. halo 3 alone brought me $25 doing this plus the edge card.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By crunchUK
    @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " Strange situation, Wolvie.   Probably worth it. I say probably because you'd have to be sure about the amount you'd get for trading in Halo 3. Me, I rarely trade in games because I like to swing around to them again every once and a while. Halo 3, for instance, had a singleplayer campaign I rather enjoyed.   But, if you're confident you don't want to play through the singleplayer any more, are only in it for multiplayer, and are sure you're going to get a halfway-reasonable sum of cash for trading the game in, then you might want to think about ODST. The campaign might pose similar problems, though, and Firefight is good only if you have cats willing to play with you.   I don't know, man. Something you've really got to think about.  "
    You'd probably get about nought if you traded in halo 3 right now... 

I would definitely get it, if you have friends to play firefight with it will be awesomeness

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.