Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

4 months later and still no fix for 4GB 360 slims

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

Oh no, I'm not complaining. I just thought this was interesting news. This is the first time I actually heard of a company not patching a blockbuster hit as promised. 

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/12/halo-reach-co-op-hard-drive-requirement-unresolved-no-eta-on-f/  

I'm sure not many of us smart gamers didn't buy the 4GB slim that Microsoft released. No, we went all out, buying the most expensive equipment out there. Making sure that there won't be any problems with any of our online gaming, but I feel bad for all those kids that got stuck with this because their parents wanted to save a bill. So, do you think Microsoft will actually patch this soon or is this Microsoft's ploy to get everyone out there with a 4GB console to spend the extra $130 on a HDD?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By benjaebe

Oh wow, really? I was looking at Slims to replace my older Xbox, but I can't believe they still haven't patched Reach. There's really no excuse for it, especially when at one point they were bundling Reach with the 4G.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By gamb1t

uh it costs $80 bucks for the 250gb slim hd. i got my 4gb slim with batman goty, ufc undisputed2010, and mass effect2 for 200. plus $80 bucks for the 250gb cause got damn the 360 drive sounds like the FIRST 2x drive ever made.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ch13696
    @gamb1t said:
    " uh it costs $80 bucks for the 250gb slim hd. i got my 4gb slim with batman goty, ufc undisputed2010, and mass effect2 for 200. plus $80 bucks for the 250gb cause got damn the 360 drive sounds like the FIRST 2x drive ever made. "
    Well yeah, on Amazon, but for the not-so-savvy shoppers, they usually go to retail stores. Usually in the case of parents buying for their kids, they'll end up going to Wal-Mart or Target.
    LiquidPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By LiquidPenguins

This is more of a problem on Microsoft's end. They're advertising the cheaper system as if it included a hard drive when the system does not actually have one sufficient enough to meet the standards of their own rules for what counts as a hard drive from the technical side. This probably will never be fixed.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

I don't think this is a problem that you can just patch. If you know anything about gaming, you should know that the consoles that come with something ridiculous like 4GB isn't worth your time... it's 2010. 4GB of storage on a HD gaming console with online capabilities and a wealth of downloadable content is not a smart move, at least if you're concerned about doing some gaming on the console.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Aus_azn
    @LiquidPenguins said:
    " This is more of a problem on Microsoft's end. They're advertising the cheaper system as if it included a hard drive when the system does not actually have one sufficient enough to meet the standards of their own rules for what counts as a hard drive from the technical side. This probably will never be fixed. "
    Considering that 4GB can be fit for very little money into a MicroSD card nowadays, this is really inexcusable. Microsoft's licence to print money.
    LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LongMasterWolf
    @benjaebe said:
    " Oh wow, really? I was looking at Slims to replace my older Xbox, but I can't believe they still haven't patched Reach. There's really no excuse for it, especially when at one point they were bundling Reach with the 4G. "
    What are you talking about? They never had 4gb bundle with Reach, they had the HR 250gb special edition console.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By benjaebe
    @LongMasterWolf said:
    " @benjaebe said:
    " Oh wow, really? I was looking at Slims to replace my older Xbox, but I can't believe they still haven't patched Reach. There's really no excuse for it, especially when at one point they were bundling Reach with the 4G. "
    What are you talking about? They never had 4gb bundle with Reach, they had the HR 250gb special edition console. "
    Not the special edition console. There were several stores (in my area at least) that had Reach available as a bundle with 4GB consoles.
    LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LongMasterWolf
    @benjaebe said:
    " @LongMasterWolf said:
    " @benjaebe said:
    What are you talking about? They never had 4gb bundle with Reach, they had the HR 250gb special edition console. "
    Not the special edition console. There were several stores (in my area at least) that had Reach available as a bundle with 4GB consoles. "
    I never saw a 4gb bundle with Reach, and a google search turns up nothing. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.