Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Betrayal Revenge Option?

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By L4wz

I'm sure we have all been through getting betrayed more then once by one guy and not being able to boot him out but when you decide to get revenge you get booted out, well I have an idea for a "Revenge" ability. It is when you are betrayed you and your not able to to boot the player out it will give you 'press Y to get revenge" then you spawn with a weapon that you select (That can only hurt the player who betrayed you) and you get 30 seconds to kill the player and after you kill the player or run out of time you spawn as normal. I think it would be a great idea because you can breathe a little easier in MP and even if you aren't able to boot them out you can still do something about it. What do you guys think?
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

That would only encourage more animosity towards one another. 

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Skald

That is a terrible, terrible idea.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By L4wz

I think it's bulls*** when I get betrayed 3 times in a row and not be able to boot him out, so when I decide to get back at him, I get booted out. I think we should be allowed to do something if we can't boot them.
    AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentofChaos
    @Br3adfan said:
    He's Right, violence leading to more and more violence.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

That would cause pure chaos. I like the how the booting system works now.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By L4wz
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    "That would cause pure chaos. I like the how the booting system works now. "

I don't, it's consistantly inconsistant.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By TheHBK

No, I dont like the idea of going after another player.  Just do what a lot of PC games do and let you choose a punishment.  I  love the freezing option, so that the player cannot move.  Or where they lose all weapons.  Or they catch on fire and are losing life gradually.  Or you just strike them down.  Or make them move super slow.  Or blind them.
    But damn, it is always awesome to betray someone, then bait them into killing you enough times that you can boot them.  Or its even more hilarious when someone does it on accident, it happens, but you boot them anyway without hesitation.  Laugh your ass off.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By L4wz
    @TheHBK said:
    "No, I dont like the idea of going after another player.  Just do what a lot of PC games do and let you choose a punishment.  I  love the freezing option, so that the player cannot move.  Or where they lose all weapons.  Or they catch on fire and are losing life gradually.  Or you just strike them down.  Or make them move super slow.  Or blind them. But damn, it is always awesome to betray someone, then bait them into killing you enough times that you can boot them.  Or its even more hilarious when someone does it on accident, it happens, but you boot them anyway without hesitation.  Laugh your ass off. "

Jackasses like you need to be banned.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @L4wz said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:
    I don't, it's consistantly inconsistant. "
    Not really. The more often you betray the higher the chance you might get booted. Besides, a little griefing can be fun.
    L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By L4wz
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " @L4wz said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:
    Not really. The more often you betray the higher the chance you might get booted. Besides, a little griefing can be fun. "

It's fun until it happens to you.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @L4wz said:

" @SpikeSpiegel said:

" @L4wz said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:
    Not really. The more often you betray the higher the chance you might get booted. Besides, a little griefing can be fun. "
    It's fun until it happens to you. "
    Please, I have played so much Halo 3 matchmaking it isn't even funny. People who betray are very easy to deal with and besides, it's only one game and it doesn't happen very often. Unless you're playing socials where no one really cares.
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @L4wz said:
    "@SpikeSpiegel said:

Yah. One time this kid was camping by the Energy Sword spawn, but I alread had the sword. It ran out of ammo, so when I went up to it it JUST spawned and I grabbed it. I already had the sword first, so I deserved it anyway. He betrayed me. I betrayed him back for a sword I had since the beginning of the game, and then I got booted. I tryed to invite him into a party chat to say some choice words, but then he put me on his block list. Stuff like that just makes me so mad. Well, at least I was able to vent to my friends and have them say "Ya I know what you mean." Somehow that always makes people feel better.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

That sounds horrible.                 

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By vaiz

Speaking as someone who's accidentally shot teammates many a time when it's late at night and I don't quite distinguish red and blue so well when something jumps out at me and I have a rocket launcher, this is a terrible goddamn idea. Accidental betrayals do exist, you know.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I really don't like this idea. It creates conflict between a team of people when you should be working together and what's more if there is someone in the game who is really determined to be a jackass it won't matter how many times you come bearing down on them with a spartan laser, they'll still betray you again. This mechanic also carries the problem that for up to 30 seconds of the game one member of the team is going to be preoccupied hunting down their betrayer instead of contributing towards their team, while the other player may be preoccupied simply trying to avoid 'revenge' when they may have been contributing towards their team. This presents an even bigger problem if you consider that accidental betrayals do occasionally happen and can't be helped, but if this system were implemented accidental betrayals would be treated exactly the same as deliberate ones. Also there's not really anything here to stop you using your weapons to menace the opposing team, even if the rocket launcher you've spawned with can only hurt your betrayer the opposing team don't know that and you could easily abuse the weapon to scatter the opposing team even if there's no real threat.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By imhuntad

That's not a very good idea. It's good until you say you get to kill them back with whatever gun. Instead, why not just press y to kill them automatically?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.