Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Just pre-ordered Halo Reach Legendary Edition!!!

lil_cheeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By lil_cheeks

I know there are a lot of people out there that just don't get the Halo craze, and thats ok.  I am not trying to push Halo Reach or anything like that, I am just wondering how many Giantbombers are crazy like I am and pre-ordered the Legendary Edition?  I cannot wait!!  I think the legendary edition is well worth the money for the first time.  September 14 cannot come soon enough!

Avatar image for metalgeargeorge
    MetalGearGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MetalGearGeorge

Good for you dude! I only own a PS3 but the legendary edition McFarlane hand-painted statue is so tempting i am starting to think if i should buy an Xbox!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Great man! I wanted it so bad but I cannot spare the 130 euro's :/
    But the regular version will do! <3

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By c1337us

I would do it but I just laid down the cash for the Prestige edition of CoD: Black Ops and I can't do both. Strangely I would rather play Reach on this occasion (which considering my opinion of Halo in general is weird) but I couldn't resist having that damn car to go with the NVG's.

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Darksaw

I've had it pre-ordered on Amazon for a few months, depending on how it is at release I'll cancel it and buy a regular or just keep the pre-order.

jaklap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jaklap

Still don't have the money, I'm going to get my very first paycheck like 2 days before the game comes out. Gonna get ledgendary. 

Best part is, my school county has off on the 14th ^_^

MystDragon3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MystDragon3k

Enjoy your...giant...crate.

To be fair, I have no issues with the Legendary Edition, I just dont have that much expendable income, and it just dosnt offer enough for me to pay that much extra. Limited gives me enough intresting bonus material for me to shell out an extra 10 bucks.

Glad to see you're excited about a 3x3x3 foot crate and a statue the size of your head though (I kid, really, nice work getting that thing, they're actually supposed to be hard to come by.)

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By fjordson

Legendary edition and the console bundle are both paid off.  

Damn you Bungie. You and your money siphoning ways.

@MystDragon3k said:

" Enjoy your...giant...crate.  To be fair, I have no issues with the Legendary Edition, I just dont have that much expendable income, and it just dosnt offer enough for me to pay that much extra. Limited gives me enough intresting bonus material for me to shell out an extra 10 bucks.  Glad to see you're excited about a 3x3x3 foot crate and a statue the size of your head though (I kid, really, nice work getting that thing, they're actually supposed to be hard to come by.) "

Don't forget the flaming helmet armor effect!
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I got my halo reach 360s pre ordered.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By DoctorTran

I too got the Legendary Edition. It just looked too awesome to pass up.

Adexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Adexus

I got the Legendary edition pre-ordered and fully paid off and I have also pre-ordered the Reach console as well which I currently don't have the money for so it's going on my credit card :) I was unsure of buying the console at first but then I thought of how brilliant it would be getting the Legendary edition and console on the same day and I could no pass it up, plus it's only £50 more than the standard 360 Slim and it comes with a copy of the game which I'm selling for £30 and an extra Reach controller which is £34.99 separately so it pays for itself really.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By pweidman

Cool tc.  It does look great, especially the figures.  I just couldn't add another fairly large piece of gaming swag, with too much crap as it is.  Still couldn't resist the limited though w/it's bit of stuff.  Compromises....anyway it's really about playing Bungie's swan song of a truly incredible franchise.  Can't wait and sickday incoming about Sept. 14th :P.
    vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#13  Edited By vager

After I bought the Legendary edition of Halo 3, I swore to myself that i'll never buy anything other then the regular edition of a game.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#14  Edited By citizenkane

Sadly, if I had the money I would definitely.  But, since I don't and the only means of income I plan on having this semester is the weekly $80 from donating plasma, I only pre-ordered the regular edition.

I already have the Halo 3 Legendary Edition with the helmet, so my Halo fan membership has already been paid off.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    I got my preorder in too, looking forward to it!

@CitizenKane
    said:
    " Sadkly, if I had the money I would definitely.  But, since I don't and the only means of income I plan on having this semester is the weekly $80 from donating plasma, I only pre-ordered the regular edition.  I already have the Halo 3 Legendary Edition with the helmet, so my Halo fan membership has already been paid off. "
    I...can't tell if you're serious about the plasma. If so, that sounds awfully unhealthy.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane
    @UnsolvedParadox said:
    "

@CitizenKane
    said:
    " Sadkly, if I had the money I would definitely.  But, since I don't and the only means of income I plan on having this semester is the weekly $80 from donating plasma, I only pre-ordered the regular edition.  I already have the Halo 3 Legendary Edition with the helmet, so my Halo fan membership has already been paid off. "
    I...can't tell if you're serious about the plasma. If so, that sounds awfully unhealthy. "
    A healthy man can actually give blood plasma twice a week, but it advised to just once a week at the most frequent.
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DoctorTran
    Is it sad that I'm actually considering finding the Halo 3 Legendary Edition too?

@UnsolvedParadox said:
    "

@CitizenKane
    said:
    I...can't tell if you're serious about the plasma. If so, that sounds awfully unhealthy. "
    I'm fairly certain that you can indeed give once a week. It's different with blood though.
    TBird13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TBird13
    @lil_cheeks: I pre-ordered the normal version, but I too am super excited. 
    I dig the profile picture, btw - Zelda's my favorite series ever.  
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Djeffers03

Just the regular edition for me, I never get limited editions of games. The price increase for what extra you get is never worth it.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @UnsolvedParadox said:
    "

@CitizenKane
    said:
    A healthy man can actually give blood plasma twice a week, but it advised to just once a week at the most frequent. "
    Hmm, spend the money wisely...
    Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mighty

Not worth the money for me. I'll play the hell out of the game, to be sure, but I'm not spending a hundred bucks on it.
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By elko84

I did this a long time ago

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Wasara88

Heroic for me. Legendary is basically the same but it has the noble team statue and i'm not into that kind of stuff...especially when it's nearly double the price of the Heroic.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I'm not planning on buying it cause I bought Halo 3 Legendary Edition for $150 CND and a month later people bought it for $50 CND to $70 CND which pissed me off lol.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By louiedog
    @ISuperGamerI said:
    " I'm not planning on buying it cause I bought Halo 3 Legendary Edition for $150 CND and a month later people bought it for $50 CND to $70 CND which pissed me off lol. "
    They made waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Legendary Editions for that game. Microsoft was unloading some of them late last year in a promotion and I got one. It still had the "Do not open until Sept. 23, 2008" sticker sealing it, so it's not like they made more later on.

If Reach is anything like Halo 3, you could probably buy the regular edition, wait couple of months, flip it on ebay for $50, and buy the Legendary for $75.
    Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Julmust

I actually did, but I am considering getting the regular edition. It's so much money. It's regular or legendary for me. Would like to just buy the statue on it's own.

Bolthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bolthor

I hope you don't regret it. It's too expensive for me.

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By flufflogic

I had the Legendary Halo 3. I can skip this one.

ConallStarrs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ConallStarrs

I'm jealous,couldn't find any in the UK so I had to settle with the limited edition...I want toys I'm never going to play with that look pretty:(.

Adexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Adexus
    @ConallStarrs:  Look on:

www.shopto.net

They still have it for pre-order, getting mine from there as well, unfortunately it doesn't come with the Recon helmet or the other armour bonus that Game are offering but to me they don't look great anyway.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By Sooperspy

I pre-ordered the regular edition. Game looks good.

ConallStarrs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ConallStarrs
    @Adexus: Thanks for the tip,though it's probably for the best since I can't afford the regular game:p.I'll definitely get from this site in the future...or right now,it's so damn tempting!
    Adexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Adexus
    @ConallStarrs:  Completely up to you. Since these are actually meant to be very limited this time I would get one if I was you, it'll feel like you're getting something really special :P

I'm putting myself into a bit of debt to get the Legendary and the console... I really couldn't help myself and I want a Slim 360 anyway so why not get the limited Reach console :D
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By audiosnag

Awesome sauce, i pre-ordered the LE too. I figured i had to seeing as how it's Bungie's last Halo. And that statue's so badass. I'm considering getting the Reach 360 too. Who needs food?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I think the Limited Edition is really fantastic, it comes with a lot of cool stuff and definitely seems to be worth the money.  One of the best Limited Edition's I've seen for a game in a long time.
    Not sure so much on the Legendary edition, it doesn't come with too much extra..  but probably still worth it if you're a big enough fan.

Also worth pointing out that this one isn't being mass produced like the H3 one.  It's already sold out in most places and actually is quite limited.  If you want it, don't expect to find it being discounted a few weeks down the line and the flaming helmet alone will ensure it goes for a lot on eBay.

Callumrides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By Callumrides

got my legendary edition pre ordered as well cant wait.

Adexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Adexus
    @WinterSnowblind: I think the Legendary is definitely worth it if you like figures/statues which I LOVE and it's hand painted which is why it's not being mass produced this time around, and obviously if you're a big fan of Halo it's a must.

It will sit very nicely to my Master Chief Kotobukiya statue that I paid a bargain of £60 for a couple of months back which is this

http://www.reelcollectibles.co.nz/images/halo/kotobukiya_halo_master_chief.jpg
     You have to see it with your own two eyes to really see the amazing detail though.
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @louiedog said:
    " @ISuperGamerI said:
    " I'm not planning on buying it cause I bought Halo 3 Legendary Edition for $150 CND and a month later people bought it for $50 CND to $70 CND which pissed me off lol. "
    They made waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Legendary Editions for that game. Microsoft was unloading some of them late last year in a promotion and I got one. It still had the "Do not open until Sept. 23, 2008" sticker sealing it, so it's not like they made more later on. If Reach is anything like Halo 3, you could probably buy the regular edition, wait couple of months, flip it on ebay for $50, and buy the Legendary for $75. "
    I'm gonna try and buy the Limited Edition cause I don't really care about the statue thing that comes with the Legendary Edition.
    bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bibledoctor

@ISuperGamerI:  Same thing I did, the Limited Edition will probably do the trick for me. I got the Halo 3 Legendary Edition on release and all that helmet does is sit around and gather dust, don't need more clutter in my place.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MikkaQ

I don't think any game's exciting enough to pay for it without being given anything in return. I'll wait for it to come out before I buy it. 

ConallStarrs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ConallStarrs
    @Adexus: Damn you,I'm so easily swayed!Just cancelled my preorder with game.On the plus side it's the cheapest I've seen it anywhere.

If I end up poor and homeless in the future I'm blaming you:P.
    Adexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Adexus
    @ConallStarrs:  Lmao, but at least you'll be thanking me when it arrives on your doorstep!
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sarge1445
    @Fjordson said:
    " Legendary edition and the console bundle are both paid off.  

Damn you Bungie. You and your money siphoning ways.

@MystDragon3k said:

" Enjoy your...giant...crate.  To be fair, I have no issues with the Legendary Edition, I just dont have that much expendable income, and it just dosnt offer enough for me to pay that much extra. Limited gives me enough intresting bonus material for me to shell out an extra 10 bucks.  Glad to see you're excited about a 3x3x3 foot crate and a statue the size of your head though (I kid, really, nice work getting that thing, they're actually supposed to be hard to come by.) "

Don't forget the flaming helmet armor effect! "
    I did limited edition and the flaming helmet im gonna be gunning for you guys
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sarge1445

Honestly I am kinda pissed that they arent doing the parts of the limited editions that I like which are the CD art book and making of dvd

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I preordered the Legendary edition a month ago and it set me back $219 AUD. I don't usually buy special editions of games but every so often there's one I just can't pass up. Now here's hoping Crysis 2's Nano edition hits Australia.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.