Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Chronicle the classic adventures of the Master Chief with a compilation of the first four main chronological installments of the Halo series, enhanced for the Xbox One with updated graphics and easy access to every multiplayer mode in the series' history.

Here's Yet Another Master Chief Collection Apology From 343

• 159 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Well, I can say they're starting to make some progress with these patches. After downloading the latest update I'm having slightly better luck actually getting into games, but the success rate is still pretty laughable.

- Got into a game in the Team Slayer playlist and finally tried out some Halo 1 multiplayer. It was a bit laggy, but still playable and really fun. (And old, holy shit) Unfortunately the game crashed and sent me back to the home screen during the post game.

- Played Halo 2 Anniversary Rumble. Despite some serious lag I somehow got 4th place with 16 kills. Not sure if it was my shitty internet or the dedicated servers are wonk though, so it might be fine for others.

So yeah... it's better than it was at launch, but still complete shit. We'll see how many more patches it takes for this game to work properly. (And what kind of free stuff 343/MS will compensate with.)

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

It's unacceptable for a flagship first party title to launch in this state, no matter how big a fan you are of the Halo series there are no excuses you can make to justify this. Like Ubisoft and EA they pushed the game out far too early, without enough testing and they are now expecting those most loyal fans to sit on their hands and stick up for them whilst they try to fix something that they had to have known about before they launched.

I work in an IT environment and i see the same lazy excuses and post emergency patching ever other week, they claim to have done everything to ensure it would roll out smoothly but in reality they did the bare minimum to pass the checklist they have and then tossed it out with known bugs they intended to fix. It is happening all over, everything assumes they can fix things after release and that the users are idiots and will accept the same tired excuses over and over. It is time we stopped accepting this and started fighting back, if you as a Halo fan accept this kind of treatment over a port, you cant expect anything else when they release a brand new game.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#153  Edited By striderno9

Will these unfinished games get called out and win biggest disappointment of the year or will Jeff get what he wants and make Destiny disappointment of the year.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Well, I turned on the game and was playing Halo 1 on Battle Creek within 2 minutes.

The dream is real!

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

My 'willingness to wait' timer is ticking down toward zero. I hope it'll be playable by this weekend.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@loki_16 said:

Apology of the year contender

Just to be topped by someone else saying "shit's fucked" but that'll never happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Or...how about we just stop apologizing and stop shipping broken games?

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Matchmaking seems to be much better, at least for me, although when the 343 message about the patch came up and I selected read more it opened the Internet browser and afterwards crashed my system.

Also played a match of btb on blood gulch halo ce

.....never again. ...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Been playing BTB battles between games for two hours. Still not perfect, but certainly getting there.

spctre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@baka_shinji17 said:

They must be feeling a Guilty Spark. Eh?

That's right, come on, UP TOP!

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#164  Edited By extintor

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.