Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Chronicle the classic adventures of the Master Chief with a compilation of the first four main chronological installments of the Halo series, enhanced for the Xbox One with updated graphics and easy access to every multiplayer mode in the series' history.

Weird audio issue in halo 2 campaign.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So I notice in the campaign level "regret" there's this weird audio issue where when cortina speaks while in game, it's very low. And when other JOCs talk as well. Is this a known issue? I'm currently re downloading the game to see if it fixes it. I am running the game off of a external hard drive, but that shouldn't matter right?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Hm, I don't remember running into that, and I just played through it a couple weeks ago. Not sure why it'd be happening. Can you turn subtitles on and perhaps just get through the level that way?

Hopefully reinstalling fixes it.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I think the audio balancing in that whole package is kinda jacked. I get the same thing in the halo 1 campaign, The music is super loud compared to the voices.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wondered if it was something to do with the usb cable or something, but halo 1s audio seems fine. And other games

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mister_v said:

I think the audio balancing in that whole package is kinda jacked. I get the same thing in the halo 1 campaign, The music is super loud compared to the voices.

I just played through the campaign myself and yeah, those voice sure drown out a lot. Sure would've been nice from them to add subtitles in-game as well.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ravensword

My Xbox kinda started bugging out too. When I turned it back on from instant on mode the dashboard started doing this graphics glitch thing and the halo main menu music kept playing. Hopefully this was a isolated issue and my console isn't already breaking.

UPDATE: only halo is doing that still playing music even though I'm in the dashboard. Sunset overdrive works properly. Is it that this game is just fucked?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By NTM

I wish I could say, because while entirely possible, it must have not been a huge issue if I can't remember, or it's possible I just hadn't had the same issue. Are you using a headset? I only use the home theater system, so it could be the headset, or maybe you just have a bad case in which doesn't affect every copy. Sorry to hear about the issue. For me, all the games sound great. The only real issue is that in Halo 4, the game sometimes doesn't load your save and instead freezes then quits to the dashboard, so you have to start the mission all over again. That doesn't really matter now though since I finished them all on Legendary and so I've done what I wanted to.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: no, just using audio through my TV. It's not just because it's on a external either, I moved it onto the internal storage and had the same issues.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having a similar issue in halo 3. Gun sounds are quite low.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.