Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

Red vs. Blue: A Retrospective [Part One]

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By bulletstorm

It’s been five years since I’ve really cared about anything Rooster Teeth has made. Five years ago Red vs. Blue Season Five concluded, and I was under the impression that Red vs. Blue was over for good. Since then, the occasional Achievement Hunter video was all I would watch from Rooster Teeth. I only recently found out that Red vs. Blue Season Ten had been released in 2012, and I was interested if the quality of the show had been maintained all these years. I got mixed responses from Reddit; some people claimed that what the show gained in production quality it lost in humor, others assured me that Red vs. Blue is as funny as it has ever been – and others said that the show became more serious and it just wasn’t for them anymore. Either way I got the idea to go back to the First Season, and do a re-watch of Red vs. Blue.

Red vs. Blue Season One still holds up, it’s still funny, and it’s surprisingly not-cringeworthy. All too often I go back and experience things from the internet’s past to only find that what I once thought was funny was now embarrassing to watch. Not the case with Red vs. Blue Season One. I mean, it wasn’t “ha-ha” funny like it used to be, but I smiled, chuckled in my head, and moved on. I appreciated it a whole lot more than I probably used to, the whole thing feels like a labor of love – and the humor is timeless, non-dependent on topical references and jokes – just your typical sitcom archetypes (but in the most endearing ways).

If you’re like me and haven’t seen Red vs. Blue in a really, really long time – don’t be afraid to check it out again, it hasn’t depreciated in quality. And well, if you’ve never seen it before – Red vs. Blue Season One doesn’t take very long to watch and even if you don’t find it very funny, I do think it’s an important part of internet history to at least be familiar with.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

The fanbase and appreciation of Red vs Blue has always been bizarre to me. No matter how much production and motion capture go into it I always feel like it's being made by a teenage boy in his bedroom.

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By bulletstorm

The action scenes from seasons 9 and 10 (or what I've seen of them) seem straight out of my 12-year-old imagination, but the humor of the first few seasons so far can be relatively clever.

EDIT: I mean to say that, I could have thought of those fight scenes when I was 12, I am in fact - not 12.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.