Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hamburger

Object » linked to 362 games

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested).

McDonald makes a new huge burger!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Willy105

Saw it on the news and on the menu. It's Angus.

Anybody tried it yet?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Manatassi

Seems that Mcdonalds are trying to recreate the success of the Burger King Angus burger in the UK over in the US?

I have no idea how successful the Angus Burger was but I would assume it must have been, either that or Mcdonalds are getting desperate for ideas. 
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike
    @Manatassi: I think McDonald's holds a comfortable market share lead, and they have practically forever. If anything, it's every other fast food joint that is desperately trying to come up with new stuff so they can compete with the big MCD.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Manatassi said:
    " Seems that Mcdonalds are trying to recreate the success of the Burger King Angus burger in the UK over in the US?

I have no idea how successful the Angus Burger was but I would assume it must have been, either that or Mcdonalds are getting desperate for ideas. 
    "

To be fair to them, it might simply be a matter of them recognizing Angus meat as being the most flavoursome cost effective meat for a burger. It may well have been too expensive to import the meat into the US back in the day also. And I can well imagine there was little interest in the breed from Americans, who probably too a "US meat is Best" approach. Especially after mad cow disease...  However, since then chefs around the world and food connoisseurs have been raving about the meat, and it's now gained in popularity all over the world. I imagine McDonalds have many farms breeding certified Angus on home shores now, which is why they are able to do this.

BK's premium product tastes far superior than McDonald's currently, that must piss them off, which is why they are doing this.

I can see Angus beef becoming very popular in the US, there's no better advert for the breed than this.I can also see BK in the US following suit and making efforts to bring the Angus to the US also. They will have to if McDonald's start selling a Angus burger.

vaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vaca

Third-pound is huge now?   Please.  If I want a huge burger I'll stop at Big Mike's for a Double Big Mike with a two pound patty plus a pound of hot links on top.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

I tried it 2 days ago, my aunt suggested it.  A decent burger, but it still retains some of that nasty oil aftertaste every burger from McDonalds retains (why I don't eat fast food).  Still, I could see myself having another.

Pakorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pakorn
    @Linkyshinks: I thought Burger King has previously sold an Angus burger in the US? If I recall correctly it was called the Angus BBQ Smokehouse or some such. I remember it being pretty tasty, I think it had onion rings on it or something. Anybody else remember this? It was maybe between a year ago and three, but it was a limited time burger. I do live in Philadelphia so it is possible I was just in a test market.  It must not have done well enough to continue to sell here, I guess, but if McDonalds' is sucessful I wonder if BK will bring it back...
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I had one of those 2 days ago the mushroom and swiss...it gave me such bad diarrhea...my god its not worth it.
    I've had angus burgers at other places and they never made me get sick.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60
    @Diamond said:
    " I tried it 2 days ago, my aunt suggested it.  A decent burger, but it still retains some of that nasty oil aftertaste every burger from McDonalds retains (why I don't eat fast food).  Still, I could see myself having another. "
    I've never had an aftertaste from any burger from McDonalds.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond
    @CL60 said:
    I've sensed the aftertaste from McDonalds for years.  No other restaurant gives me that, and I've gotten the same after taste from McD's at many different regions (not just my local McD's that has a problem).  I skip on other fast food joints for other problems, btw.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel
    @vaca said:
    " Third-pound is huge now?   Please.  If I want a huge burger I'll stop at Big Mike's for a Double Big Mike with a two pound patty plus a pound of hot links on top. "
    There's large, and then there's cardiac arrest on a bun.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By CL60
    @Diamond said:
    " @CL60 said:
    I've sensed the aftertaste from McDonalds for years.  No other restaurant gives me that, and I've gotten the same after taste from McD's at many different regions (not just my local McD's that has a problem).  I skip on other fast food joints for other problems, btw. "
    Well I've had many burgers from McDonalds, big macs, cheeseburgers, etc...pretty much everything they got. Never got any bad aftertaste.
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zityz

Must be new in the states. It's been here in canada for awhile now. Also candain beef i find is better tasting. Ive gone to mcdonalds in the states a couple times...never again. Im actually afraid to eat at any fast food place over there to be honest.

BlazBleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By BlazBleu

I haven't seen it yet. Probably gonna have to wait for a commercial then.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Its pretty big, it doesn't look that filling but I haven't been able to finish a Big Angus Combo yet.

spidapig64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spidapig64

hammbeurger

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By CharleyTony

almost tastes like a real hamburger (compared to other stuff at McDonalds) 

to me the one to beat is the Harvey's Angus burger
    kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By kraznor
    @CharleyTony said:
    " almost tastes like a real hamburger (compared to other stuff at McDonalds)  to me the one to beat is the Harvey's Angus burger "
    Harvey's is so great, yet they never seem to catch on. Several of the locations in the city have closed down, forcing me to drive pretty far if I ever want some Harvey's. Don't get it, there is such a qualitative difference there it just kind of bums me out they cannot succeed. Its not as fast, but its fresh and really, really good.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By unsolvedparadox

McDonald's Augus burger is straight up horrible, it's super greasy on the outside and somehow dry on the inside. 

As a Canadian, I'll agree with the earlier recommendation of Harvey's for anyone up here who wants an Angus branded burger from a chain.

Sinatra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sinatra

I have tried it but I am not a fan of it. 

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Aetos

Whats with all of these old hamburger threads being bumped all of a sudden?

This one is 7 months old.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By agentboolen

McD's Angus has no taste at all.  I pick BK over McD's everytime.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    @Tactical_Kill said:
    "

Whats with all of these old hamburger threads being bumped all of a sudden?

This one is 7 months old.

"
    There's still interest in this awesome food?
    j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By j_drace
    @Linkyshinks: That actually looks really good.  Way better than what we have here in the states.  I visited England once, London to be specific since I have an uncle who lives there and the food is way better by far.  Also I remember being at Heathrow Airport a few years ago and I bought some Lay's chips, but instead they were called Walker's and they had flavors I've never seen.  Once of them was Steak and Potatoes, which was ok, but the other was like Lemon Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and it was so fucking good.
    s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Agghhh, I want a burger now.
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lockwoodx

The angus burger tasted like a weak version of a bar burger. Too salty and dry, the mcdonalds angus burger fell way short. I'll stick to the mcdouble.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kohe321
    @Diamond said:

" @CL60 said:

I've sensed the aftertaste from McDonalds for years.  No other restaurant gives me that, and I've gotten the same after taste from McD's at many different regions (not just my local McD's that has a problem).  I skip on other fast food joints for other problems, btw. "
    I know what taste you're talking about. It's the taste of clogged arteries, and it's the reason why I don't like fast food. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.