Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

In this Harvest Moon title, players are tasked with returning Zephyr Town's bazaar back to its former glory, as well as growing crops, raising animals, and romancing some of the villagers.

Is this different enough to warrent buying?

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MancombSeepgood

I used to love Harvest Moon, but I gotta say, they're not making it incredibly tempting to buy another installment. Is this going to be enough to convince the fans out there to buy another Harvest Moon game?

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#2  Edited By tearhead

I hopped off the Harvest Moon train a while ago, the last one I played was A Wonderful Life. I love Harvest Moon, but that series is similar to Pokemon games where it is just more of the same. Eventually, you get tired of it. However, since the announcement of Pokemon Black and White, my Pokemon itch has somewhat returned, so maybe one of these days so will that Harvest Moon itch.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

Ever played Rune Factory before? It's pretty Harvest Moon with meshed with dungeon crawler mechanics. It's not a massive change to the usual Harvest Moon formula but I personally found it to a little refreshing.

MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MancombSeepgood
    @Tearhead said:
    " I hopped off the Harvest Moon train a while ago, the last one I played was A Wonderful Life. I love Harvest Moon, but that series is similar to Pokemon games where it is just more of the same. Eventually, you get tired of it. However, since the announcement of Pokemon Black and White, my Pokemon itch has somewhat returned, so maybe one of these days so will that Harvest Moon itch. "
    I think the last Harvest Moon I played was the first one on the Wii... It didn't do much differently so I didn't bother going into any of the other DS installments..

@eroticfishcake said:
    " Ever played Rune Factory before? It's pretty Harvest Moon with meshed with dungeon crawler mechanics. It's not a massive change to the usual Harvest Moon formula but I personally found it to a little refreshing. "

I have played Rune Factory before and it was certainly a step in the right direction, but then I found that the next Rune Factory was the same as the last! So now it's fallen into the same pitfall as Harvest Moon did, hah :(
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @MancombSeepgood: Yeah...it's all just new artwork and characters as you know I'm sure. Why do we bother paying for the next titles armed with this information is beyond me.
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MancombSeepgood
    @eroticfishcake:  Yep! I don't think I'll be buying another Harvest Moon unless they can really offer up something good. We'll just have to see, I suppose... Who knows, they could have a miraculous transformation in a year or so.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Endogene

Just gave it a go and it felt like the most uninspired Harvest Moon game yet. Now i was far from fond of the previous DS games with their hideous "art style" that robs the game of any character and the changed farming mechanics but at least there there was a clear goal and a sense of progression with the islands that you unlocked. I haven't played to much of this one so far but i'm not tempted at all to keep on playing it. To its credit there are some changes in the movement which makes farming a lot easier and the run + double jump (yes double jumping in harvest moon) make going from one spot to another really fast.  

That said i'll probably grant it another hour or two and then put it away waiting for Rune Factory 3 and hopefully HM Twin Villages which is already out in Japan will raise the bar for the main series. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.