Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X is a rhythm game developed by Sega starring Hatsune Miku and other Vocaloid characters. The game was released on the PS4 and Vita in Japan on March 24, 2016 and in North America and Europe on August 30, 2016.
Project Diva X is the first game in the series to have a story mode. In the story mode, one must provide voltage to the classic, cool, cute, elegant, and quirky clouds in order to restore Hatsune Miku and her friend's abilities to sing. Voltage is earned as points for completing and doing well in the rhythm game. As one provides voltage to the clouds, you will learn what it means to be classic, cool, cute, elegant, and quirky through cutscenes involving the vocaloid characters.
The core gameplay of Project Diva X is a rhythm game. Players must press face buttons or the corresponding directional button in accordance with button prompts which appear on the screen. For arrow button prompts, players must press both the face button and corresponding directional button. Icons with trails require the player hold down the button for the duration of the trail. Additionally, the game has star-shaped button prompts which require the player to either flick the joystick, or swipe the touchscreen or touchpad, depending on which platform they are playing on. The game also introduces a new mechanic to the series called "Rush Notes," where the player must rapidly press the corresponding button.
- Ievan Polka (Tutorial Only)
- The First Sound
- Love Song
- Name of the Sin
- Tale of Deep-sea Lily
- LOL -lots of laugh-
- Even a Kunoichi Needs Love
- Patchwork Staccato
- Love Trial
- The Lost One's Weeping
- Solitary Envy
- Brain Revolution Girl
- Holy Lance Explosion Boy
- A Single Red Leaf
- Amazing Dolce
- Ai Dee
- Slow Motion
- Streaming Heart
- Humorous Dream of Mrs. Pumpkin
- Urotander, Underhanded Rangers
- Beginning Medley - Primary Colors (featuring VOC@LOID in Love, DREAMING LEAF -Dreaming Words-, Bad Mood Waltz, and Miracle Paint)
- Cute Medley ~Idol Sounds~ (featuring EAZY DANCE, FREELY TOMORROW, Viva Happy, Ageage Again, and BLOOMING THE IDOL)
- Cool Medley ~Cyber Rock Jam~ (featuring Unhappy Refrain, Don't "My List" Me!, Tengaku, Palette, and This Messed-Up Wonderful World Exists For Me)
- Elegant Medley - Glossy Mixture (featuring Dependence Intension, Sweet Devil, Nebula, and Chaining Intention)
- Chaos Medley ~Giga Remix~ (featuring Pink Stick Luv, Gigantic O.T.N., Childish War, and "1, 2, Fanclub")
- Ending Medley - UItimate Exquisite Rampage (featuring The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku, Two Faced Lovers, Sadistic Music Factory, 2D Dream Fever, and The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku)
- Hand in Hand (DLC)
- Sharing the World (DLC)
In patch 1.01, support was added for PSVR being used in concert-viewing mode, where the players can view a virtual concert with vocaloids and songs of their choice.
PS4 Pro Support
According to Sega (Japanese), Project Diva X has PS4 Pro support which includes full 4K resolution, enhanced quality of 3D drawing, 4K image reading size of "Photo Studio", and PSVR support at 90hz.