Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Headlander

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 26, 2016

A 2D side-scrolling game set in a 1970s sci-fi utopia, in which the main character's head flies around independently, taking control of different bodies in the world. It was developed by Double Fine and published by Adult Swim Games.

Best Styyyyyyle

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Seriously loving the aesthetic of the game. I'm hoping the gameplay lives up to the art and audio quality.

Probably a great contender for the best style category in GotY deliberations. Surprised that it wasn't mentioned in the Bombcast this week considering it was so thin on upcoming game talk.

Folklorist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I don't know...if they count Persona 5 in their talks since it'll be released in Japan this year, I think that's going to be a shoe-in for style.

That being said, I definitely need to play Headlander. I love Double Fine's games, and this looks to be on par with some of their best work.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

...if they count Persona 5 in their talks since it'll be released in Japan this year, I think that's going to be a shoe-in for style.

For Giant Bomb's purposes, the US release date is the one they go by. So if Persona 5 releases in the US in 2017, then it'll only be up for discussion in the 2017 GOTY talks, not the 2016 talks, regardless of it releasing in Japan in 2016.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I think they're going to give it to Overwatch. Especially since they already have multiple people playing that on the regular. I just don't see more than 1 person going to bat for Headlander.

DOOM might be spoken about too, although i don't get the impression that the glorykills feel good enough to them to be more styleful than Overwatch's characters / abilities. DOOM will be celebrated in other categories already for the aspects they do love.

Folklorist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@savage: Ah, that does make sense, honestly. Thanks for the head's up.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It might have too much style for its own good. Cause it looks kinda dumb.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Headlander definitely does have a look to it, I especially like the coloured speed trails. Let me just throw out a couple of other contenders:

Devil Daggers
    Devil Daggers
    The Witness
    The Witness

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope Devil Daggers takes it. It goes all the way with its specifically build engine to create that 90's software renderer look and feel. And the whole sound design is awesome too. Headlander looks cool too and same for the Witness, but they lack the... dedication I guess from Devil Daggers? Overwatch is a bit too much hey-it's-a-Blizzard-game to stand out. DOOM might grab best looking game, but not style, just for it's techinical achievement of looking good with 60fps on all platforms and moderate PC hardware.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Probably Furi, even though the game kind of sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.