Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hero Academy

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 11, 2012

Hero Academy is a turn-based asynchronous multiplayer strategy game. The game is free to download but has in game purchases.

Steam Release

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Hero Academy was put out on Steam today for $4.99 which includes The Council Team and the Team Fortress 2 Team. Additional Teams are $4.99 each (there's also a bundle of EVERYTHING for $15.99). It's a 1-on-1 Tactics game which has been out on iOS devices for quite some time. Hero Academy features cross platform play between PC and iOS (with purchases for one applying to the other via shared Robot Entertainment Account). Steam page is here http://store.steampowered.com/app/209270/

So far it's quite enjoyable. It has asynchronous play so turns are sent back and forth between players (meaning games go as quickly or slowly as you and your opponent desire). There's a bit of TCG thing going on in that each Team is like a Deck. You have 6 units or bonuses in your "Hand" during gameplay. The objective is to either destroy your opponent's crystals or all of their units. Games can be set up via random matchmaking, Steam friend list or Twitter account.

If anyone has picked it up and wants to play a few games feel free to add me on Steam

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Potts

Tip: Don't buy the bundle if you already own the iOS version & any of the additional teams. They transfer over to the Steam version.

BRG9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BRG9000

@SteamPunkJin said:

There's a bit of TCG thing going on in that each Team is like a Deck. You have 6 units or bonuses in your "Hand" during gameplay. The objective is to either destroy your opponent's crystals or all of their units. Games can be set up via random matchmaking, Steam friend list or Twitter account.

If anyone has picked it up and wants to play a few games feel free to add me on Steam

That's very true considering Hero Academy is heavily based on a card game called Summoner Wars, which is much like MTG played on a chess board. Check it out if you like Hero Academy, it's great (and recently got an iOS app of its own).

And while I'm here, accepting all challengers! I am ExplodingBarrel on Hero Academy or Bogoran on Steam. I'll hit you up for a game tonight hopefully.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.