Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2015

The sequel to Dennaton's hit 2D action game moves the neon murder from the '80s to a '90s setting, and concludes the series.

Game Breaking Bug in all 3 PSN Versions? (Minor Spoilers)

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Okay, so I beat the game on normal and have been making my way through hard. And there's a point in the game where I can not continue due to it consistently crashing, and on all 3 PSN versions (ps4, ps3, vita).

It's happening on the second area of scene 13 (subway). There's one specific enemy that seems to be triggering it. When attacked, the game either crashes (ps4, vita) or freezes (ps3). The specific enemy is a special enemy type, the only one in that area of the level. I cant tell what weapon it has, but it's immune to thrown weapons.

Just wanted to see if anyone is experiencing this. Kind of sucks, but only because I like the game so much and want to keep playing it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@rongalaxy: Are you talking about the Gang leader?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idontcareatall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rongalaxy: I am also having this issue. I can play the rest of the game, but this chapter. Can't advance on hard mode, and it doesn't seem to happen anywhere else or with any other games.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

Found a video online that shows a work around. If Evan (character you're controlling) is in rage mode when attacking that enemy the game won't crash. You just have to knock 2 enemies on the ground and keep punching them until their heads explode, then the player character will take his jacket off (indicating he's entered rage mode).

idontcareatall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Damn. And I was trying for the no kills achievement too. Oh well. I wonder what causes it though. Must be an optimization issue.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RonGalaxy
    idontcareatall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Yeah, I guess so. Are they aware of this though? Hopefully they are, but I'll try Twitter or their site.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontcareatall: They have a google form where you can report bugs. It can be found here.

I would recommend posting. The more people who report it the quicker they'll see it and fix it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.