Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

I Am Alive

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 07, 2012

I Am Alive is a survival game. The story revolves around a man trying to find his family in the ruined Midwestern city of Haventon after a devastating, apocalyptic event.

I Am Alive, But Who Are You?

• 81 results
    bricewgilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 25

#51  Edited By bricewgilbert

There is no way this is out in March. No way ever.

MEBs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MEBs

"How about some intimidation? After all, who knows the gun is empty but you? Just point it at looters and they'll remain at a distance as you progress toward your objective."

The new ideas are definitely welcome, but these sort of things rarely work out to desired effect. =\
    I really hope Ubisoft surprises us on this one.

-Evan

DrakeAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By DrakeAsh

It is odd that a lot of the 2009 calader is unknown and not much advertisiing has been put forth for this game.   Seeing as Assassin's Creed got a mammoth media blitz this is a bit odd.  Something to ponder.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Rowr

I remember seeing the trailer back during e3, it looks interesting.

TheJadeAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By TheJadeAngel

Think about it for a moment ... Back in the 80's we use to buy games based on little more than cool box art and what little information there was on the back of the box .  Most of the time we were extremely satisfied with our purchases with exceptions here and there .   It was always a big buzz when we got that one game that totally blew our minds until the next cool game came along that had the 0ssum Box Art and good Prologue write up on the back of the box .

Nowadays things are a little different with mass marketing and the hype that surrounds the gaming industry and with good reason .  Companies are investing Hollywood budget money into them and don't wanna see that money disappear into the ether of the 0's 1's  world we live in today .   I have a sneaking suspicion that Ubisoft has plans for marketing the game but has let the rumor mill spin because of Jade's Fortunate/Unfotunate popularity  .  As far as the release date is concerned i won't hold my breath since the dev cycle for this game has only been 2 years so far .

All that aside i tend to look at Ubisofts track record with the games it produces and puplishes .  They've had a string of great titles come out over the last few years and while not all of them have lived up to everyones expectations they have certainly pushed for improvements in each of the genre's they dabble in . 

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Absurd

Chicago Ted, Is that you?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TwoOneFive

funny how even these developers know how a building would callapse, unlike what looked seriously wierd implosion like on 9/11

Avatar image for deactivated-6406b1cb85b6d
    deactivated-6406b1cb85b6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Joe Francis is a fuckin' maniac!

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Black_Raven

Sounds interesting, but that trailer sucked imo....

FatManJim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By FatManJim

something already seems suspect about this game
    if Chicago is destroyed
    hows about you leave Chicago
    would like to see the answer they put to that question

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Kohe321

Wow thats soon. Concept sounds alright!

BothBarsOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BothBarsOn

I am intrigued.

Intrigued, dammit!

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PhilESkyline

The Day After Tomorrow (no snow but with an earthquake) meets I Am Legend...?

Nice to see something new on the horizon though. Wants more...

stan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By stan

I find it incredibly hard to believe this is due March. Whoever is in charge of marketing at Ubisoft better know what they're doing, because if this fails commercially it'd be no suprise.

s0ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By s0ck

& jade angel
    I happily remember the days when i used to judge which game id buy by the box art and description on the back of the box.
    Unfortunately that element of surprise has all but disapeared (unless you still live in a cave) with the huge coverage most games receive pre release.

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By freezerr

"Ubisoft confirmed that the 12 month period beginning April 1, 2009 will see the release of Assassin's Creed 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Anno, I am Alive, James Cameron's Avatar, a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game and the sequel to Arthur and the Invisibles."

http://www.videogamer.com/news/22-01-2009-10460.html (courtesy of neogaf)

So looks like I am Alive will be pushed back, after all. I wonder which of these will be slotted for Holiday release.

Raymond_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Raymond_III

No, no no....hang on. Has anyone at Ubi Montreal ever been to Chicago? These people are killing each other over a bottle of water while Lake Michigan is, like, thirty minutes away on foot. Maybe more if there's obstructions, but not long enough to make you hunt down your coworkers for sweet, sweet liquid. And the New Madrid Fault Line is too far away from the city to do this kind of damage. Granted, Ubi Montreal doesn't exactly have a good realism/plausability track record (witness Assassin's Creed: Genetic Memory? The Hashashim as a mystic force for good instead of a cutthroat band of heretical contract killers? It goes on...) but if you're going to destroy my hometown for the purposes of entertainment, at least do a good job of it!

TheJadeAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheJadeAngel
    Raymond_III said:
    "No, no no....hang on. Has anyone at Ubi Montreal ever been to Chicago? These people are killing each other over a bottle of water while Lake Michigan is, like, thirty minutes away on foot. Maybe more if there's obstructions, but not long enough to make you hunt down your coworkers for sweet, sweet liquid. And the New Madrid Fault Line is too far away from the city to do this kind of damage. Granted, Ubi Montreal doesn't exactly have a good realism/plausability track record (witness Assassin's Creed: Genetic Memory? The Hashashim as a mystic force for good instead of a cutthroat band of heretical contract killers? It goes on...) but if you're going to destroy my hometown for the purposes of entertainment, at least do a good job of it!"
    You seem a little un-educated in these matters so i'll help you out some .  Scientists are currently working on the " Theory of Genetic Memory "  and have found merit in their research and  The Hashashim were never portrayed as Mysticl within Assassin's Creed nor where they ever portrayed as " Good "  they were simply repelling invaders . It isn't until the very last moments of the game that anything resembling Mystical happens and even then it isn't really  " Mystical " .  The game is based on a Fictional novel called Alamut and set within a historlcal background .  I don't think you've actually played to game to be honest .  Perhaps you read a lot about it and formed a conclusion , although i could be wrong .  Either way you certainly need to get a better grasp on the idea of what a " Game " is .
    oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By oraknabo

I've had my eye on this for a while, but so little's been released about it. I liked Disaster Report a lot, and thought the idea would have been really good with from better developers. The idea of the same kind of game done with the AC engine is pretty exciting.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By Rayfield

Looking forward to seeing more of this game. Premise could be potential gold.

But then again, it could be...a DISASTER!!!! <----Huh? Huh?

I'll be here all week folks. Be sure to try the veal.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Illmatic

March?! How the heck do they plan to ratchet up enough interest in this game in less than 2 months? I worry the game may be rushed out at this point but the concept does sound intriguing.

TheJadeAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TheJadeAngel

Sourced from Crapspot err i mean Gamespot . 

Unfortunately, the excitement generated by the Assassin's Creed 2 and GRAW 3 revelations was tempered somewhat by confirmation of a major delay. I Am Alive, the multiplatform horror-survival game that was the centerpiece of Ubisoft's E3 2008 presentation, "will require further development time and will now bolster the line-up for 2009-10," the company said. Previously, it was expected to arrive for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, this spring

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Kohe321

This just got bumped back again by ubisoft. Talk about consistency, eh?

Duckbutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Duckbutter

intimidating with an unloaded gun? sounds genius and original with attention to detail. three things that i dig. first person though? meh

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

It has been Delayed till late '09-'10

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#76  Edited By vigorousjammer

Maybe they're keeping it under wraps because they want the gameplay and the story to be a surprise to everyone...
    a good idea would be for them to just release a commercial that makes it look like complete awesomeness and get everybody to buy it based solely on that commercial, and this e3 trailer.

I personally have high hopes for the game, it sounds like a cool concept... let's hope those concepts flesh out better than Ubisoft's last attempt, Far Cry 2. Not that FC2 was a bad game, by any means... let's just hope they don't have another "Maleria" gameplay aspect.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#77  Edited By jakob187

So, even though reports from yesterday were saying that it's been delayed by up to another year, this article still remains unchanged?

VINNY!  YOU GOTS SOME SPLAININS TO DO!!!
    chapman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By chapman12

its a starbucks invasion lol, any way looks meh...

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Media_Master
    Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Geralt

Vinny? I didn't knew you wrote news articles too!

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

@darpa: Thread necromancy record?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.