Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

Is this game a must play for fans of the original?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

I know I shouldn't have ever let reviews and others comments towards the game get to me, but I felt like this game wasn't worth getting because of the talk. That's disappointing 'cause for a long time before it came out, I was pretty excited about it. I loved the first, and it was one of those games that even outside of the game, I couldn't get enough of. I'd go on forums a lot and talk about the known series, and I'd also read up on everything inFAMOUS. Do you believe that if I liked the first that much, I should have given the sequel a chance? Have I made a mistake? Or the fact that I love the first as much as I did/(do?), I'd probably end up disappointed by this one?

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DarkShaper

I got bored of the first one about 3/4 into it, I felt like the second was way better, just don't think about the plot very much.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spoonman671

Infamous 2 is a better game than the first, but not by very much.  They're very similar games.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Cloudenvy

The second one is more of the same with a few key improvements, as a massive fan of the orginial I loved every minute of inFamous 2.

Avatar image for nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor
    nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first one was better. I didn't feel like the second one was as well made. If you still want to see what happens to the characters I'd say play it and then watch the other ending on youtube.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By pyromagnestir

What about if you weren't a fan of the original?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The story in the second was pretty disappointing, but the gameplay was just as solid and a lot better in places.

If you mainly care about exploring the city,collecting shards and using your super powers to destroy everything, you should absolutely get it.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

@pyromagnestir said:

What about if you weren't a fan of the original?

That's not the question. Go make your own thread to find the answers you seek.

Yes, OP, I'd say it is. It's basically the same game, improved in a few key areas.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By joshthebear

I'd say the story was better in 1, but gameplay is miles ahead in 2. I had a ton if fun with it and think the inFamous games are pretty under appreciated.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#11  Edited By pyromagnestir

@James_Giant_Peach: The questions kinda go hand in hand don't they? I only thought of the one because I saw the other. Anyway, fine, NOBODY ANSWER MY PREVIOUS QUESTION PLEASE IT WAS WRONG OF ME TO ASK! Better?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.