Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

Rumour: inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition released 24th May?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

No Caption Provided

It's a few days old now, but since there was no coverage here I figured I might as well put it up. 

So apparently Amazon.com briefly had up a Hero Edition of inFAMOUS 2, which was to give a rudimentary set of extras with a: 
    • 8.5 inch Cole statue. 
    • A replica of Cole's sling backpack 
    • A DLC code which'll supply you with an electrocution grenades power, lightning hook power, 24K Gold Amp weapon variant and a Kessler skin from inFAMOUS 1. Sorry to all the folks wanting to hurl around exploding grenades of electricity as GB's own previous intern Kessler!..
    • 'Mini' inFAMOUS 1 comic
    • And the official inFAMOUS 2 soundtrack

All of this was marked at 99.99$ (I guess like £80?) with a release date of 24th May, but for it to then be pulled down soon after. It's not unlikely for stuff like this to happen, for release dates, special edition details and even full trailers to be leaked or accidentally posted prematurely, and I certainly hope this is another accident. It all looks fantastic and once (if) it is announced down the line, then I will so be preordering this son'bitch! It's maybe not as extensive as other collectors additions, with the Balls of Steel edition for DNF as a prime example, but doesn't lessen any that it's got some pretty sweet extras here! 
    Cole's backpack alone is a really cool addition and one I'd have pride in owning <3 It's nothing out of the ordinary, but with an imaginary twist being that it a certain super hero shares that very backpack adds some sentimental value. ;P Not to mention that if inFAMOUS 2's soundtrack is as good as the first, then it'll be a sure win to have it awaiting to be ripped into my music library. 

The release date of May 24th sounds reasonable as well. The game at least looks to be nearing completion with what they've shown thus far and it's pretty much assured to be released in this current quarter I say. If that turns out to be the case, then May alone is going to be a pricey month with Duke Nukem Forever and L.A Noire sharing the same monthly release. @.@ 

UPDATE: Release date now confirmed for June 7th, with details circling Cole's exclusive preorder/Hero Edition powers too.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Makes sense to me. I won't be getting the "Hero" edition, but May release would work for me.  

Although, if I could play as GB's Kessler...Then  I wouldn't buy the game at all. I was not a fan of Kessler. 

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Andorski

Those powers being locked behind DLC is bullshit.  Definitely renting this game just to make sure my money isn't encouraging this crap.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Gabriel

None of that sounds appealing.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee
    @Andorski said:
    " Those powers being locked behind DLC is bullshit.  Definitely renting this game just to make sure my money isn't encouraging this crap. "
    If they treat them like how they did with the preorder bonus power in the original, they'll least release them down the line for free. Still pretty sucky, though, I agree.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Deusoma

Huh. Electric grenades were kind of a basic power in inFamous 1. Seems odd that they'd make something like that an exclusive power.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @Deusoma said:
    " Huh. Electric grenades were kind of a basic power in inFamous 1. Seems odd that they'd make something like that an exclusive power. "
    The default grenades everyone loved from the original will still be in inFAMOUS 2. These must be a different kind, with their function maybe being to stun rather than explode. 
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Andorski
    @Abyssfull said:

" @Andorski said:

" Those powers being locked behind DLC is bullshit.  Definitely renting this game just to make sure my money isn't encouraging this crap. "
    If they treat them like how they did with the preorder bonus power in the original, they'll least release them down the line for free. Still pretty sucky, though, I agree. "
    Totally forgot that they did the same thing in inFamous 1.  Didn't really mind that; the exclusive power wasn't that great.  Electrocution grenade powers though - that needs to be given to the people. 

@Deusoma said:
    " Huh. Electric grenades were kind of a basic power in inFamous 1. Seems odd that they'd make something like that an exclusive power. "
    I'm under the impression that the DLC power is something different and much more devastating.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee
    @Andorski:  
    I'm more intrigued towards the ''lightning hook'' power. Name gives a lot away of how it'd pan out ,and a hook made of lightning to grab enemies and stuff with could be fuckin' sweet.
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By RobotHamster

I saw this the other day and was thinking depending on the quality of the bag I'm really considering getting the hero edition.  Even if I don't I'm still getting the game and May works great for me.

Somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Somadude

I could care less about the "Hero" edition. I just want to play Infamous 2.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yummylee
    @Somadude said:
    " I could care less  "
    AWWWWW SHIIIEEEET
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Nadafinga

PlayStation Blog announced release date as June 7th.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By neoepoch
    @Nadafinga said:

" PlayStation Blog announced release date as June 7th. "

That is the first day of E3...you shouldn't release anything near E3 because it'll get NO COVERAGE. That is actually very unnerving that it is being released then.
    Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Alphazero

I'm just finishing the first Infamous now. Terrible name for the game, but the game itself is top shelf. I'm loving it.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee
    @Nadafinga said:
    " PlayStation Blog announced release date as June 7th. "
    Yup, just updated the OP with ze links.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By benjaebe

Totally preordered it. That sling pack looks sweet.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RobotHamster

I want this so bad but I might wait until it gets released to see how the quality of the bag is.  I'm definitely getting the game but I really hope the bag is good because this I want.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I wanted his backpack since I started playing the first game and I'm pretty surprised this is coming to Europe as well.  I'll definitely order one as soon as they become available. 
    I also love that it comes with the original Cole skin, which is about a hundred times better than his default costume in the game.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By gingertastic_10

So this game, THAT I REALLY WANT, is coming out on my dad's birthday. Looks like I'm buying him that game so I can play it.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By matpaget

OH MY GOD!
    I FEEL LIKE ONE OF THOSE CRAZY AMERICAN GIRLS DURING BEATLEMANIA!!!! =D

SO EXCITED FOR THE HERO EDITION <3
    Not leaving the house for a week!

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By IkariNoTekken

I haven't done much research into this package, so forgive me if this has already been answered. Is there any confirmation on an 'Evil' edition with an evil karma Cole figurine? Always preferred Cole's look on the evil Karma path in the original, or is the figurine simply representing the starting character (neither good nor evil) do you know?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Yummylee
    @IkariNoTekken said:
    " I haven't done much research into this package, so forgive me if this has already been answered. Is there any confirmation on an 'Evil' edition with an evil karma Cole figurine? Always preferred Cole's look on the evil Karma path in the original, or is the figurine simply representing the starting character (neither good nor evil) do you know? "
    From the looks of things, the statuette is stricted to the default, Hero, Cole. Would be really cool if they'd do a simultaneous release for an ''inFAMOUS'' edition, though, which would give you, like you mentioned, an Evil Cole statuette. Could of even used a different Box art at that, with Cole all wrapped up in his devilish red lightning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.