Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

Unbalanced good and evil?

Adamant_Lungs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Adamant_Lungs

The Karma system in inFamous seems to be interesting, but i'm worried about an imbalance between the good and evil characer abilities.
    In a lot of the preview when they mentioned karma they said that going evil will give you more devastating wide range attacks while being good will give you more "precision" shots. I'm just worried that the Bad side may be a lot more fun to play than the good side which makes me said because I usually like to play as a good character, but these worries are probably unecessary since Greg Miller (from the IGN review) made no mention of an inbalance in either his video nor written review.  

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jkz

I would wait for more reviews before deciding whether or not it will be a problem, and would take the IGN review with an enourmous chunk of salt. I was also worried about imbalance, since i just sounds so much more fun unleashing a giant lightning bomb than sniping someone with a little bolt, meh

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Luke

Being good or evil is not binary in this game... you can have powers from both sides through-out your Cole's creation. 

Furthermore, you will need to play the game through twice on each side, per Mission, to Platinum the game.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kilzombie

Well I guess the evil powers are more devastating, they seem to cause flat-out carnage, and the good powers are more precise, but i don't think that makes them any less deadly. You'd want to play the game as both evil and good if you really want to get the most out of it anyway. ;)

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

Evil mode is always more fun I always end up playing the good side cuz i feel guilty

warp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By warp

It stands to reason (sort of) that evil powers are going to always seem more powerful or at least more flashy. Whats the point of evil if it isnt going to be fun? I remember games doing that sort of balance since Jedi Knight for the PC back in 1997. The dark side powers looked cooler and were more fun in order to make it more tempting to try it. Its the give and take of being a good character cause by default a good characters actions shouldnt be as destructive or out of control.

Avatar image for shogunsupremacy
    ShogunSupremacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ShogunSupremacy

The only thing I hope that doesnt happen is for it to take forever to get back to a good status like Fallout 3 tends to do....Im nicest guy in the world in Fallout and my karma never ever goes bck to good......But this game looks AMAZING!!!!! I can handle the small screen tears and the pop out shit cause this game will be the best on the PS3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.