Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infestation: Survivor Stories

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 17, 2012

Formerly called The War Z, this infamous clone of the popular ARMA II mod "DayZ" is best known for the many controversies surrounding its launch, subsequent removal from Steam, and the unapologetic stance of its developers.

The War Z Outrage

• 107 results
    TMBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By TMBaker
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By penguindust

Another reason why I almost never pre-order games these days. Once in the last 4 years now.

Still considering the business of video games these days, I surprised this type of thing doesn't happen more often.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By DG991

@Forcen: TY

So the thing that bugs me the most is that this game is not supposed to have any association with Day Z.....

TMBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By TMBaker

@The_Laughing_Man: Or PR stepped in. :P

a Qoute from the interviewee PC Gamer's - Evan Lahti:

Evan Lahti says:
    01:48am December 20 2012
    It's Sergey. Yes, his responses have been edited for clarity by War Z PR, a practice not abnormal for an email interview.
    /
    My preference would've been for a Skype or phone interview, but we wanted to get a detailed statement from the developer as quickly as possible. We'll continue to follow-up with them about our/your concerns. Hugs.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By TheHT

Ultimately, it’s our responsibility and no fault of Steam at all. The description on Steam was basically reflecting a list of all the features that either our engine is capable of ( like number of players per server—which can be much higher than 100 for example) as well as our immediate development tasks. The big problem was with some internal communication. As a result of this mistake, our company board reviewed the situation today and we will be making some changes in our structure and with some of our key team members.

I hope it's not some innocent cog that's thrown under the bus for this, but then that would be naive.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By Akyho

The new "Email" interview with "Sergey" is abosltuyl the most polar opposite of what he said before. Sounds like PR look at this email hut delete and then rewrote it themselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.