Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jeff Gerstmann

Person » credited in 4 games

Jeff Gerstmann is the co-founder and former Editor-in-Chief of Giant Bomb as well as a professional video game scientist and anime expert.

Giant Bomb's Radical Explosion.

Avatar image for johnnythefuture
    JohnnytheFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By JohnnytheFuture

The addition of the quest system and various achievements here on the site has really increased my participation. These improvements have made GiantBomb itself into a game.  So meta. 

It's funny to think that back when Jeff had just been let go/quit  from GameSpot, he had this little blog with various game reviews. He'd offer updates about himself and the site.  Before the site went into full effect, I talked to him at a Kotaku E3 party in downtown LA, and complimented him on his small endeavor (it was an honest compliment, I just assumed he was taking time off). Little did I know how huge his plans were! One day, this site just blew up! (pun intended?)

Avatar image for johnnythefuture
    JohnnytheFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By JohnnytheFuture

The addition of the quest system and various achievements here on the site has really increased my participation. These improvements have made GiantBomb itself into a game.  So meta. 

It's funny to think that back when Jeff had just been let go/quit  from GameSpot, he had this little blog with various game reviews. He'd offer updates about himself and the site.  Before the site went into full effect, I talked to him at a Kotaku E3 party in downtown LA, and complimented him on his small endeavor (it was an honest compliment, I just assumed he was taking time off). Little did I know how huge his plans were! One day, this site just blew up! (pun intended?)

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By guiseppe

I hope Mr. Burke doesn't read this. 

But yeah, the site has seen a massive change from what it once was, and all for the better I think :).

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Origina1Penguin

You joined a long time ago. Been here the whole time, or just trying to get back into the site? Either way, don't be a stranger to the forums. 

Oh, and you talked to Jeff? I'm jealous.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I remember back when Giant Bomb launched being in absolute awe of how fast the wiki expanded, it really was amazing. The quests have been a fun and unique addition too and in general I think the features of the site are really well designed. It's amazing that all this has been created by a tiny group of guys working out of an office.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

I've been reading the site since it started, but I never really started interacting until the quests started pushing my interaction across the site. It started off as a crippling addiction, but now I'm really enjoying it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.