Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

John Carmack

Person » credited in 51 games

Co-founder of id Software, Carmack is a technical innovator in the video game industry. He is best known for his work in the Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake franchises. He officially resigned from id in November 2013 to join Oculus VR.

Great news out of QuakeCon + Carmack

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

Those lucky people at QuakeCon, they get try try both Quake Arena Arcade AND Doom 2 for the XBLA. Xbox Live Arcade continues to get all my favorite games of all time. If this trend continues I will soon be able to find my whole youth on that service. I personally spent many years on Quake 3 and hold it as one of those games I could call "Greatest game of all time" if somebody asked me. Its like my thoughts has been transferred direcly to XBLA lately. Those distant dreams of these really classic titles coming to the service just seems to fall in place.  
    Im really glad to hear how ID continues to make an effort to get their old stuff out there while also really starting to push RAGE some more. The footage coming out of QuakeCon looks INCREDIBLE. Yes it looks that good. The Megatexture technology really brings a fourth dimension to the game that I´ve never seen the likes of before. The new footage shows some more of the corridor shooting gameplay and it looks amazing. 

Of course no QuakeCon...no wait.. no year would feel complete without the speech from the smartest man alive, John Carmack. The man that always reserves a special spot in my heart. The speech was great as usual except for some sound problems on the GTtv feed. Carmack continues to say things with weight and depth concerning pressing issues that no other speaker in the gaming industry can muster up. He bring alot of answers to whats happened with ID lately. After hearing what he had to say combined with the big push Hollenshead made towards Bethesda stuff in the beginning I have no doubt that this merge of companies will be REALLY awesome for the future.
    Here is the first part of the speech. Watch the following two parts at GameTrailers.com !  
    The sound cuts away when Carmacks starts to talk about the Hotel reservation problems but skip ahead a minute or so and its back.  

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

Those lucky people at QuakeCon, they get try try both Quake Arena Arcade AND Doom 2 for the XBLA. Xbox Live Arcade continues to get all my favorite games of all time. If this trend continues I will soon be able to find my whole youth on that service. I personally spent many years on Quake 3 and hold it as one of those games I could call "Greatest game of all time" if somebody asked me. Its like my thoughts has been transferred direcly to XBLA lately. Those distant dreams of these really classic titles coming to the service just seems to fall in place.  
    Im really glad to hear how ID continues to make an effort to get their old stuff out there while also really starting to push RAGE some more. The footage coming out of QuakeCon looks INCREDIBLE. Yes it looks that good. The Megatexture technology really brings a fourth dimension to the game that I´ve never seen the likes of before. The new footage shows some more of the corridor shooting gameplay and it looks amazing. 

Of course no QuakeCon...no wait.. no year would feel complete without the speech from the smartest man alive, John Carmack. The man that always reserves a special spot in my heart. The speech was great as usual except for some sound problems on the GTtv feed. Carmack continues to say things with weight and depth concerning pressing issues that no other speaker in the gaming industry can muster up. He bring alot of answers to whats happened with ID lately. After hearing what he had to say combined with the big push Hollenshead made towards Bethesda stuff in the beginning I have no doubt that this merge of companies will be REALLY awesome for the future.
    Here is the first part of the speech. Watch the following two parts at GameTrailers.com !  
    The sound cuts away when Carmacks starts to talk about the Hotel reservation problems but skip ahead a minute or so and its back.  

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

I have to be honest, i am not imppressed by John Carmack, everyone made him out to be the most amazing person you will ever meet, and i cannot see why. Clearly i havent played much quake..... maybe then i'd get why he's so amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.