Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 23, 2010

Rico Rodriguez returns to explore another autocratic island nation in this explosion-laded followup to Just Cause.

Slowdown Over Time

Avatar image for createyouraccount
    createyouraccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By createyouraccount

Hey guys, 

I know the whole issue of a slow frame rate and graphics is different from computer to computer but I am having a strange issue. 

Basically, the game runs at a full smooth frame rate on low and high settings for the first 10 or so minutes of starting the game up (via steam if anyone is interested) and over time the frame rate will slowly deteriorate eventually making the game unplayable (pressing the number keys is almost impossible during the "hacking" of electronics ).  Exiting to Windows and opening the game again resets the frame rate back to normal until it is played for a while and then the frame rate starts deteriorating.  

I haven't heard of this issue before, just constant frame rate issues. Does anyone have the same issue? 
    (I can include my system details when I get home if needed, I am currently at work)

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jack_daniels

Holy hell. Never heard of that. Sounds like a memory problem to me. CPU/Graphic Cards won't do that. How much memory do you have? It sounds like there is a small memory leak somewhere.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Never had any issue like that. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.