Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Aug 17, 2010

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days makes a notable switch of the titular duo, with James Lynch now taking up the role as lead protagonist over Kane. However the two are still once again forced to endure a hail of gunfire as they find themselves embroiled in Shanghai's criminal underworld.

For the people that actually like the game.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Klaimore

I love this game. All I had were negative thoughts of this title from the time I heard of its sequel. But little by little I opened up and decided to try the demo and I loved it. Watched more videos on it and was so hyped for it. For me it delivered  not only on good gameplay but the story as well. That is the thing that I love most, these guys never catch a break and yet they push forward a hopeful father trying to make money and a psychopath that just wants to get revenge and goes along for the ride. The visual style is something else to praise I cant think of any game that has pushed for a shaky low visual camera view and made it work great. For now all I hear are negative reviews and complains about bugs so far I haven't crossed any but no good game goes out without a hitch. Nonetheless I'm happy about the way this game came out, I hope that people hopefully open up and give it a try.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By valrog

The story is great, I agree. Gameplay was also very improved over the first one. I just don't like that "Hollywood effect" filter they're using, it makes everything look pixelated.
     I wish that the first one would be as good (Regarding gameplay at least, I liked the story in the first one better).

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I wanted to go and buy it, but I get multiple reports that the game ain't longer then 5 hours.

Fuck that, I'll go back to my rpg with 50 hours worth of gameplay.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm only an hour in, i have no idea what the hell is going on. The gunplay kind of sucks to, which is kind of important.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

The story isn't as good as I was hoping, otherwise it's a pretty competent shooter if lacking in variety. It's short but what it offers you it's at the right length before it'll just get tedious and dull. I'd still much of preferred a longer campaign, though, just with some added variety. Dead Men at least played it up with the Venezuela segment. 

The multiplayer is where it stands out the most definitely, as expected.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JerichoBlyth

4 hour rental/download really. Enjoy it over a 2 day period.

From what I've seen, it's generic...probably more dissapointed by this than Splinter Cell Conviction.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Klaimore

Yeah its a short game but with the kind of story the game was running I don't know how much longer they could have made it without ruining it. Multiplayer is fun though I've had a great time with it so far, so like you guys say rent it and give it a try. Also as for the look its awesome though I took me a while to get used to the shaky cam when running. 

FrankRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FrankRising

It took me a little bit to get used the the shaky camera as well, but after getting used to it, i quite like it. I like the style they were going for and I am alright with the story being 4-5 hours long. I am very close too beating it and so far have been quite impressed. Kane and Lynch are 2 guys that just can't get a break. They also are interesting characters to me. Lynch, balding psychopath who is gradually losing his mind throughout the game, and Kane just trying to do a last job then stop with all these jobs. I have yet to play the multiplayer, but I am sure I will like it.

Also, I have yet too experience the glitch the Giantbomb crew had with the 360 version. Freezing when shooting someone after hours of play. Guess it was patched or i am just lucky.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.