Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

How To Cure "Killzonitis" - Results Guaranteed Or Your Money Back

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By get2sammyb
    Is not owning a PS3 getting you down lately? Keep hearing about this "Killzone 2" video game and don't know what to do to convince yourself you're not interested?

No Caption Provided
    Here are a selection of "arguments" and "criticisms" you can use to convince yourself (and others) this game is going to be bad. Our highly qualified team of researchers have braved many hours in Internet message boards researching these arguments and criticisms from the best "trolls" and "XBOTs" the Internet has to offer. As a result we have developed the most indepth guide to curing "Killzonitis".

"Killzonitis" is a disease that can be contracted by those who don't own a Playstation 3 nor can afford to purchase one within the coming 90 days. The disease is mostly viral and can be contracted on Internet message boards where posts about the "Killzone 2" video game are most frequent.

In order to cure your contraction simply revise the supplied "criticisms" below until they are lodged within the deepest depths of your brain. In order to help others (and to stop the disease spreading further) we recommend you disguise these "criticisms" into thoughtful and unbiased posts all around the Internet. Try blogs, message boards, chat rooms and even XBOX Live.

Soon you and your compatriots will be convinced the "Killzone 2" video game was just a bad, bad dream.

• "It doesn't look anything like 'that' CG trailer."
    • "It looks very generic."
    • "Oh no, not another first person shooter. I'm honestly kind of bored with first person shooters."
    • "The Dualshock 3 controller is pretty bad for first person shooters."
    • "There's too much grey and brown, I wished they'd put more colour in."
    • "The AI is really dumb on the 'Easy' difficulty setting."
    • "There's no co-operative mode. Every video game needs a co-operative mode."
    • "The game looks good but it's not really very innovative. I only play innovative games."
    • "The Playstation 3 is too expensive and this is the only good game. I just can't justify the purchase."
    • "I doubt the online competitive play will be anywhere near as good as Halo 3 or Call Of Duty 4."
    • "The game looks like it's going to be really short and I don't like online multiplayer."
    • "You have to preorder the game from Gamestop to receive a demo. This shows Sony are trying to hide something."
    • "I wouldn't get your hopes up, Guerilla are yet to prove themselves as developers."
    • "It's a Playstation 3 exclusive."
    • "Killzone 1 was an awful game."
    • "The weapons lack any real 'punch' to them."
    • "The death animations are far too over dramatic."
    • "Game is not 1080p, 60fps."
    • "This game is all style and little to no substance."
    • "Sony lied."
    • "I prefer getting achievement points to trophies so I'd rather buy an XBOX 360 game than this."
    • "The prequel didn't have a jump button so I bet you won't be able to jump in this either."
    • "It looks good but Crysis looks way better on my £7,500 PC."
    • "There are only eight multiplayer maps. Sony just want us to pay for some extra ones that could have been on the disc."
    • "There are no games on the Playstation 3 so I haven't turned it on for ages. I don't want to have to go through the process of installing Firmware updates."
    • "I don't want to play multiplayer games over PSN because it sucks."
    • "Why would I play a tactical shooter on a system where nobody talks?"
    • "The controls aren't exactly the same as CoD4 so it's probably not going to be very good."
    • "The gameplay looks more realistic than CoD4. Hardcore gamers prefer the arcade gameplay of CoD4 really."
    • [Post PSN demo announcement] "They really should put the demo on the store weeks in advance of the games release. Sony are disgraceful."
    • "Game is bad because it has no 'marketable' hook."
    • "Sony owned developers are trying to make crappy games so they don't have to be exclusive anymore. Guerilla are one of these developers."

This list is based on real flames by real Internet message board posters across the world. Honourable mentions and thanks go to the "trolls" on NeoGAF, GiantBomb, Eurogamer and GameTrailers.

We will be updating this post in real-time as new, potentially curing, "criticisms" are discovered.

It's quite easy to spot someone suffering from the "Killzonitis" disease. Their eyes may go blank and mouth may drop into an open position. Refer to this visual representation of two "Killzonitis" sufferers if you're unsure whether your friends or family are infected:

Remember, sharing these "criticisms" with the infected and across the Internet are essential to solving the disease that is "Killzonitis".

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dr. Samuel Barker BSc MSc PHd
    (Head of research on "Project Killzone" at Oxford University).

</sarcasm>
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By get2sammyb
    Is not owning a PS3 getting you down lately? Keep hearing about this "Killzone 2" video game and don't know what to do to convince yourself you're not interested?

No Caption Provided
    Here are a selection of "arguments" and "criticisms" you can use to convince yourself (and others) this game is going to be bad. Our highly qualified team of researchers have braved many hours in Internet message boards researching these arguments and criticisms from the best "trolls" and "XBOTs" the Internet has to offer. As a result we have developed the most indepth guide to curing "Killzonitis".

"Killzonitis" is a disease that can be contracted by those who don't own a Playstation 3 nor can afford to purchase one within the coming 90 days. The disease is mostly viral and can be contracted on Internet message boards where posts about the "Killzone 2" video game are most frequent.

In order to cure your contraction simply revise the supplied "criticisms" below until they are lodged within the deepest depths of your brain. In order to help others (and to stop the disease spreading further) we recommend you disguise these "criticisms" into thoughtful and unbiased posts all around the Internet. Try blogs, message boards, chat rooms and even XBOX Live.

Soon you and your compatriots will be convinced the "Killzone 2" video game was just a bad, bad dream.

• "It doesn't look anything like 'that' CG trailer."
    • "It looks very generic."
    • "Oh no, not another first person shooter. I'm honestly kind of bored with first person shooters."
    • "The Dualshock 3 controller is pretty bad for first person shooters."
    • "There's too much grey and brown, I wished they'd put more colour in."
    • "The AI is really dumb on the 'Easy' difficulty setting."
    • "There's no co-operative mode. Every video game needs a co-operative mode."
    • "The game looks good but it's not really very innovative. I only play innovative games."
    • "The Playstation 3 is too expensive and this is the only good game. I just can't justify the purchase."
    • "I doubt the online competitive play will be anywhere near as good as Halo 3 or Call Of Duty 4."
    • "The game looks like it's going to be really short and I don't like online multiplayer."
    • "You have to preorder the game from Gamestop to receive a demo. This shows Sony are trying to hide something."
    • "I wouldn't get your hopes up, Guerilla are yet to prove themselves as developers."
    • "It's a Playstation 3 exclusive."
    • "Killzone 1 was an awful game."
    • "The weapons lack any real 'punch' to them."
    • "The death animations are far too over dramatic."
    • "This game is all style and little to no substance."
    • "Sony lied."
    • "I prefer getting achievement points to trophies so I'd rather buy an XBOX 360 game than this."
    • "The prequel didn't have a jump button so I bet you won't be able to jump in this either."
    • "It looks good but Crysis looks way better on my £7,500 PC."
    • "There are only eight multiplayer maps. Sony just want us to pay for some extra ones that could have been on the disc."
    • "There are no games on the Playstation 3 so I haven't turned it on for ages. I don't want to have to go through the process of installing Firmware updates."
    • "I don't want to play multiplayer games over PSN because it sucks."
    • "Why would I play a tactical shooter on a system where nobody talks?"
    • "The controls aren't exactly the same as CoD4 so it's probably not going to be very good."
    • "The gameplay looks more realistic than CoD4. Hardcore gamers prefer the arcade gameplay of CoD4 really."
    • [Post PSN demo announcement] "They really should put the demo on the store weeks in advance of the games release. Sony are disgraceful."
    • "Sony owned developers are trying to make crappy games so they don't have to be exclusive anymore. Guerilla are one of these developers."

This list is based on real flames by real Internet message board posters across the world. Honourable mentions and thanks go to the "trolls" on NeoGAF, GiantBomb, Eurogamer and GameTrailers.

We will be updating this post in real-time as new, potentially curing, "criticisms" are discovered.

It's quite easy to spot someone suffering from the "Killzonitis" disease. Their eyes may go blank and mouth may drop into an open position. Refer to this visual representation of two "Killzonitis" sufferers if you're unsure whether your friends or family are infected:

Remember, sharing these "criticisms" with the infected and across the Internet are essential to solving the disease that is "Killzonitis".

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dr. Samuel Barker BSc MSc PHd
    (Head of research on "Project Killzone" at Oxford University).

</sarcasm>
    ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ParanoidFreak

You know by posting this you are basically as bad as the Xbox fanboys, right?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By get2sammyb
    ParanoidFreak said:
    "You know by posting this you are basically as bad as the Xbox fanboys, right?"
    Do I not get an epic fail? I've never had one of those! :(
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gizmo

I think i'll skip another generic FPS thank you, i'll wait until Aliens Colonial Marines which will undoubtably be better on the Xbox 360 then the PS3 (As every multi-platform game is).

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By get2sammyb
    Gizmo said:
    "I think i'll skip another generic FPS thank you, i'll wait until Aliens Colonial Marines which will undoubtably be better on the Xbox 360 then the PS3 (As every multi-platform game is)."
    Excellent spirit good sir. Sounds to me like the treatment is already working swimmingly!
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

You could at least try to explain why those criticisms are invalid. All you've done is provided potential reasons not to play it, most of which I've never heard before.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gizmo
    get2sammyb said:
    "Gizmo said:
    "I think i'll skip another generic FPS thank you, i'll wait until Aliens Colonial Marines which will undoubtably be better on the Xbox 360 then the PS3 (As every multi-platform game is)."
    Excellent spirit good sir. Sounds to me like the treatment is already working swimmingly!"
    All i'm saying is, I wouldn't get ultra hyped up about a game and a developer that has only done bad in the past.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By get2sammyb
    LordAndrew said:
    "You could at least try to explain why those criticisms are invalid. All you've done is provided potential reasons not to play it, most of which I've never heard before."
    I can't argue the points. I haven't played the game. Much like those that developed said "criticisms" in the first place.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gizmo
    get2sammyb said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    "You could at least try to explain why those criticisms are invalid. All you've done is provided potential reasons not to play it, most of which I've never heard before."
    I can't argue the points. I haven't played the game. Much like those that developed said "criticisms" in the first place."
    KILLZONE 1 SUCKED, KILLZONE 2 IS MADE BY THE SAME DEVELOPER, THERE'S MY MOTHERFUCKING CRITICISM!!!
    "GRRAAAAW"

But yeah, It could be a good game, it could also suck, but stop going on about it!
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordAndrew
    get2sammyb said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    I can't argue the points. I haven't played the game. Much like those that developed said "criticisms" in the first place."
    Then you should just wait and see like any sensible person would.
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By AndrewJD

I would just like to say LOL good sir. Very funny read, good work :)

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Xandurson

I will say that Killzone 2 is one of the reasons I want a PS3. The others? MGS4, LBP, and God of War 3.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By End_Boss

I think I actually got quoted there, even though I'm not a 360 fanboy per se. I was the one that posted about Sony's sketchy demo process (at least on GB, anyway), and listened to other peoples' arguments and points as well as openly admitting that I did (and do) hope that Killzone 2 will be every bit as good as expected. I leave you with this:

Fanboyism goes both ways.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By KamasamaK
    LordAndrew said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    Then you should just wait and see like any sensible person would."
    Wasn't that the whole point?
    scumble373

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By scumble373

HEY STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!  half of the things you listed were your OPINIONS DUMB ASS!!!! 

"I perfer getting acheivment points over trophies"

"it looks very generic"

WHAT!?!   sorry bro killzone 2 is gonna ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Haha I like this thread, I personally can`t wait for Killzone 2, all the haters can kiss my ass, and go back to halo and call of duty.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By DARKIDO07

I'm holding my breath for Killzone 2, I will admit the game does look cool but based on Killzone 1, it could turn out to be very bad. Either way if it does do good or bad, I'm leaving the internet because either 1) The Xbox and NIntendo Fanboys will post 1000 topics about how Killzone 2 failed or 2) The Playstation Fanboys will post 1000 topics about how amazingly better Killzone 2 is than Halo 3, Crysis, Call of Duty, Project Origin, Halo Wars ect.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LordAndrew
    Kamasama said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    Then you should just wait and see like any sensible person would."
    Wasn't that the whole point?"
    Perhaps, but trolling fanboys isn't going to help any. I like to think that we're better than that.
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bulldog19892

Killzone 2 is made by the same people who made Killzone 1, a game that sucked. I'm not criticizing the game, I'm just saying that Killzone 1 also looked awesome in the trailers. Usually, if I hate the first game, the sequel doesn't interest me much.

Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Moon
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "Killzone 2 is made by the same people who made Killzone 1, a game that sucked. I'm not criticizing the game, I'm just saying that Killzone 1 also looked awesome in the trailers. Usually, if I hate the first game, the sequel doesn't interest me much."
    I loved killzone 1, killzone 2 looks like it isnt going to be as good. But killzone 1 was amazing...
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187
    get2sammyb said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    People are more than allowed to hate on a game due to its predecessor.  Otherwise, we would all think every new Sonic game is going to be awesome.

At the end of the day, Killzone 1 was an absolutely fantastic showing at every press event, and people were basically dying for any form of new info before its release.  Upon release, they found a game that had a ton of bugs for being something that was in development as long as it was.  It also followed a very dull color scheme, which provided for uninteresting scenery (minus the Japanese gardens).  The gun models were great, but the hit detection was rather loose.  Even when you were nailing shots, there was little impact to them, making you feel like you had a pea-shooter more than an awesome death machine.  The multiplayer was lame and virtually non-existant.  The AI was dirt cheap on the higher levels.  There was no jump button.

My goodness, man.  This was a shooter that might as well have been called "Daikatana: Sony Edition" with as dated as it was by the time it finally got released!!!  Therefore, it's more than acceptable IMO that people will be very critical of Killzone 2 before release strictly based on how hard they were burned with the first game.  Moreover, the demo is only available if you pre-order the damn game!!!  REALLY?!  I've heard of cheap ways to lock in some shipping numbers for news stories, but that's the lowest of the low, man.  The media will make this look like a fucking parade of awesomeness, but it could very well end up as being a massive con.

I also want to point out that initial reviews for the first Killzone happened to give it rather average scores (70% on Metacritic, for whatever that's worth), and the internet backlash on the game versus the development cycle hype was pretty fucking huge.

So please, if you want to troll on people that are having doubts about the game because the first one couldn't live up to expectations, at least come in a bit more informed and a little less fanboyish.  = D
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By azteris
    jakob187 said:
    "

So please, if you want to troll on people that are having doubts about the game because the first one couldn't live up to expectations, at least come in a bit more informed and a little less fanboyish.  = D
    "
    Yeah, man. To come on here and talk about a game you have to be informed about jakob's opinion on the first one. Otherwise, you're just wasting time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ, how many Killzone 2 threads are you gonna make?
    Here's an idea, make a Killzone hype thread and just keep bumping that every ten minutes. You're seriously killing all my excitement towards this game with all your shilling and almost making me want it to fail just so I won't have to endure the tens of threads you will make about how you told us it would be awesome.

And, yes this picture is in jest. I own a damn PS3, but I can still have a sense of humor about it.
    And, yes this picture is in jest. I own a damn PS3, but I can still have a sense of humor about it.
    Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Giantsquirrel

I own a PS3, but not because of games. They're an afterthought at this point, unfortunately.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LiquidPrince
    LordAndrew said:
    I'm pretty sure the ridiculous nature of every criticism is proof enough as to how they are invalid...

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By StaticFalconar
    ParanoidFreak said:
    "You know by posting this you are basically as bad as the Xbox fanboys, right?"
    Kinda, but he did do it in a sarcastic tone and not have a pure fanboy tone through-out only at the last line put jk, or nm that was sarcastic. The thread is more about fanboys than the game itself.
    Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Manachild

i merely took this thread as a tongue in cheek of the back and forth nature of hype and disdain for this game that has amounted by various people over the years. nothing more. pretty funny

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pause422

Plenty of the reasons stated are ridiculous obviously, and assuming the OP knows that. However plenty of them actually make sense, and people feeling that way have a reason to feel that way. Jakob has a good point where KZ1 at every event possible before it was out, and came out and was a failure and disappointment technically more than anything, which made everything seem worse. So there's no reason for some people to not think KZ2 could have the same thing happen to it. Or the fact that Guerilla still hasn't proved themselves, yet some people talk about KZ2 as if its being made by devs that have, and are like at the top of their game, when they aren't.

That shit doesn't matter to me specifically, I'll judge once I, and I alone, play the game myself, but plenty of those reasons are totally valid, and if you think they aren't, you're just being in denial about such a simple post that isn't in anyway a big deal.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By get2sammyb

Thank God there were a couple of people in here who got that. I love you people so much. *Big kisses*.

TeflonBilly I love your blackboard. Hahaha. Looks about right.

The thing is, a game can come out and it can average 70% on MetaCritic and GameRankings and that's fair enough. We all play the game, we all know it's bad because the AI sucks or the guns are shit or whatever. But the fact is we know because we played.

In all my years on gaming forums (and I'd say I've been on them since I was about... oooh... 14 [so 6 years or so]) I've never seen a game get such an overcritical backlash as the one  Killzone 2 is receiving. Never.

The Nintendo games (and I mean the good ones: Zelda, Mario, Pikmin) have always been put down before they're released: "game will suck because it's for kids"; but never ever before have I ventured upon the amount of, just plain ridiculous straw grabbing that occurs around Killzone 2. And it's not just the forum posters, it's the press too.

Let's just imagine for 25 seconds that Killzone 2 really is a good game. On the same level as CoD4 but fresher. I really think there's too much humble pie to eat. Even if it lives up and is technically a better game than everyone imagined it can never be scored objectively. Simply because of what it is and the 4 years of backlash.

That's just my opinion I'm afraid.

I hope the jest tone of my post came through to most, "I understand opinions blah blah blah", "not trying to start a flame war blah blah blah".

Oh and just to update the list, I thought up some more last night:

• "Sony lied."

pause422 said:
    "Plenty of the reasons stated are ridiculous obviously, and assuming the OP knows that. However plenty of them actually make sense, and people feeling that way have a reason to feel that way. Jakob has a good point where KZ1 at every event possible before it was out, and came out and was a failure and disappointment technically more than anything, which made everything seem worse. So there's no reason for some people to not think KZ2 could have the same thing happen to it. Or the fact that Guerilla still hasn't proved themselves, yet some people talk about KZ2 as if its being made by devs that have, and are like at the top of their game, when they aren't. "
    I understand why people would be sceptical about that but we've now had beta testers confirm the game is fun (perhaps overenthusiastically saying going back to CoD4 and Resistance 2 felt like a massive step down) and numerous, numerous hands on previews that have been ridiculously positive.

Not only that but the original Killzone was flawed because Guerilla pushed the Playstation 2 too far, something which the PS3 allows them to reach their ambition. Killzone: Liberation was an excellent PSP game and let's not forget, Sony bought Guerilla (correct me for facts) after Killzone 1, which means they've had super-mega financial and resources support from Sony to create Killzone 2.

You'll all be quick to note I didn't mention anything about voice acting in my original post. Hahaha - this game looks to have seriously horrible voice acting.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By crunchUK

um aren't you getting over-zealous with defending killzone 2?

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Discorsi
    crunchUK said:
    "um aren't you getting over-zealous with defending killzone 2?"
    Oh crunch.  When will you ever learn...

Anyways yes i get it. killzone 2 is coming out.  It is a graphical powerhouse that could turn out to be what halo is to the xbox.  However let the people decide, not the hype train.  Killzone 2 looks very interesting and worth at least a rent if not purchase.  *waits for another topic with a killzone 2 video in it*
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By atejas

- Recovering Health.

That is all.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By get2sammyb

Day 3 and things are starting to get really serious. It seems the UK's 360 magazine is now infected by the deadly "Killzonitis" viral disease.

starfox444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By starfox444

Aw that was a funny read. But really I hope its good for the developers sake, I wouldn't like wasting 5 years on a project that no one likes, I would be quite sad. Luckily, some people who have played it said it was fun so i might buy it, if the collecters edition comes with an ISA rifle or a Helghan Assault Rifle.

Just for fun :)

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Rowr

haha nice one.

Your dotpoints should of been more fanboyish tho, im in the wait and see camp for at least a third of them.

The game is ridiculously, ridiculously good looking tho.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Emilio

"Are you interested in Killzone 2?!" You

"Not really" Me

The End.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By get2sammyb
    Emilio said:
    ""Are you interested in Killzone 2?!" You

"Not really" Me

The End."

Killzowned.
    commodore64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By commodore64

The PS3 killed my pa. Your argument is irrelevant .

Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jotun

Loved it. I needed a laugh today, thanks.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Emilio

Man, Killzone 2 does look great, but there is nothing else in it that has me interested.
    And yes, I played the beta if that counts.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By get2sammyb

Glad some enjoyed it. We're on Day 5 (I think) and some new working criticisms have come to my attention:

Save yourself from sickness. Now.
    radion_null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42  Edited By radion_null
    • "There are no games on the Playstation 3 so I haven't turned it on for ages. I don't want to have to go through the process of installing Firmware updates."  I think that's something Vinny would say.  OH!
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By crunchUK
    Discorsi said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "um aren't you getting over-zealous with defending killzone 2?"
    Oh crunch.  When will you ever learn...

Anyways yes i get it. killzone 2 is coming out.  It is a graphical powerhouse that could turn out to be what halo is to the xbox.  However let the people decide, not the hype train.  Killzone 2 looks very interesting and worth at least a rent if not purchase.  *waits for another topic with a killzone 2 video in it*"
    wut

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BoG

Well, it's true that the multiplayer probably won't be up to par with Halo and CoD. Resistance 2 had high hopes, but ultimately fell flat. The lack of anyone owning a mic and all of the mics being sucky really does harm to the online community.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By get2sammyb
    BoG said:
    "Well, it's true that the multiplayer probably won't be up to par with Halo and CoD. Resistance 2 had high hopes, but ultimately fell flat. The lack of anyone owning a mic and all of the mics being sucky really does harm to the online community."
    Personally, for me, that's one of the absolute best things about the PS3 but I realise everyone is different.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By crunchUK
    get2sammyb said:
    "BoG said:
    "Well, it's true that the multiplayer probably won't be up to par with Halo and CoD. Resistance 2 had high hopes, but ultimately fell flat. The lack of anyone owning a mic and all of the mics being sucky really does harm to the online community."
    Personally, for me, that's one of the absolute best things about the PS3 but I realise everyone is different."
    you're missing out on some of the most epic lulz to ever be had

And at high levels of comptetition not having a mic is a recipie for epic fail (in halo and gears at least)
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By get2sammyb
    crunchUK said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "BoG said:
    Personally, for me, that's one of the absolute best things about the PS3 but I realise everyone is different."
    you're missing out on some of the most epic lulz to ever be had

And at high levels of comptetition not having a mic is a recipie for epic fail (in halo and gears at least)"
    I've been there for some of those "epic lulz" on the original XBOX and the 13 months of 360 (which was basically just Project Gotham 3 and Perfect Dark) and I've: been insulted left right and centre, had to mute someone virtually every game and just generally not enjoyed my experience online.

Entirely subject to myself and my own experiences but at least on PSN (and it still frustrates the fuck out of me) I only have to mute every two or three matches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.