Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Any way to change difficulty?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

I keep getting stuck on some of the tougher encounters. I wish I could just drop the difficulty for a bit and progress when I get stuck.  

I mean come on its 2011. You should be able to change the difficulty on the fly. 

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

what would be the point in that?  You select a difficulty and then change it to easier when you get stuck and then change it back when you get past the "difficult" part.  Defeats the purpose.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Devil240Z
    @handlas said:
    " what would be the point in that?  You select a difficulty and then change it to easier when you get stuck and then change it back when you get past the "difficult" part.  Defeats the purpose. "
    Its that or never play it again. 
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @handlas said:
    " what would be the point in that?  You select a difficulty and then change it to easier when you get stuck and then change it back when you get past the "difficult" part.  Defeats the purpose. "
    Its that or never play it again.  "
    then never play again if that is how you are going to approach it.

I never once felt an urge to lower the difficulty of game for an encounter or a boss or what have you
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Dany said:
    " @Devil240Z said:
    " @handlas said:
    then never play again if that is how you are going to approach it.  I never once felt an urge to lower the difficulty of game for an encounter or a boss or what have you "
    If something takes more than 50 tries. I should be able to lower the difficulty or do something to bypass it.  

I am not superman and I don't have 24hours a day to play games. It sucks to have my whole gaming session devoted to being stuck in one spot. 
    Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Sambambo
    @Dany
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @handlas said:

I never once felt an urge to lower the difficulty of game for an encounter or a boss or what have you
    Lol what? Let him play the game in a way that gives him the most amount of fun.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Devil240Z
    @SuperSambo said:
    " @Dany
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @handlas said:

Lol what? Let him play the game in a way that gives him the most amount of fun. "
    I know, right? Its not like it affects him at all.  

Anyway I have looked everywhere and I don't think its possible to change the difficulty. KZ2 had the same problem. 
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Afroman269

I'm liking the difficulty elitists trying to tell the man how to play a game he bought for himself. You have to change it at the beginning of the game, man.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By handlas
    @Afroman269 said:

" I'm liking the difficulty elitists trying to tell the man how to play a game he bought for himself. You have to change it at the beginning of the game, man. "

eh..ya...I think everyone knows that

No one is being a "difficulty elitist"....the guy is asking to play the game on Hard, get to a hard part of the game, change it to easy, get thru the hard part of the game on easy, and then change the game back to hard.  If that is not silly then I don't know what is.  Start the game on easy otherwise what is the point of playing the game on Normal or Hard.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Dany
    @SuperSambo
    @Dany
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @handlas said:

Lol what? Let him play the game in a way that gives him the most amount of fun.

He is the one who brought up the two scenarios
    Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By shivermetimbers

Go to chapter select and pick the last chapter you played and put it on the easiest setting.

invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By invadernick

I think developers would want you to finish the game instead of getting stuck and giving up. They really should have allowed a change in difficulty. 

Sawboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sawboss

I think as long as trophies recognize that you changed difficulties it a player should be absolutely allowed to change difficulty as they see fit. I am kind of shocked there are people defending this oversite. Tons of games let you change the difficulty as you play, they just don't give trophy for beating it on hard if you do change.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By NTM

What part in that game is hard?
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Afroman269 said:

" I'm liking the difficulty elitists trying to tell the man how to play a game he bought for himself. "

People talking about difficulty are elitists, but let's just wait for another shooter as easy as Gears 2 were and what? Yes, people complain about games getting too casual.

Still, achievements would probably filter that around well enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.