Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Why are the Helgast bad?

• 71 results
    Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By ApertureSilence
    @Crono said:
    " I want my word back too. "
    Word.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By captain_clayman
    @FourWude said:
    "

Underneath their clothes they've got brown skin... therefore they're not entitled to the same rights as the white man.

"
    nah dude, you can shoot their hats off and they have white domes.  and emperor stahl or whatever his name is is white.
    karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By karatetron

I've been told by one Mr. Abraham Lincoln that they're british space-nazis.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MikkaQ

Because all villainous governments in sci-fi have british accents. Obscured faces on the solders and glowy eyes are optional, but add to the effect.   

Just realized how odd it is that a colony of people with British accents are fighting the American-accented colonizers for independence...

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Because they like killing in many a zones.
    koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By koolaid

Yeah, I don't get it.  I've never played killzone but I've always thought that Helgast was just like, the other side of the war.  And I thought they where just trying to get their world back.  But then there is the opening of killzone 3, where the targets at the firing range have pictures of people surrendering.  So, like... the entire race is pure evil?  Ok....  

Makes me hark back to the good ol' days of the Principality of Zeon.

And just so I can beat everyone else to it, I know what you're thinking:

No Caption Provided
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By dbz1995

Basically the British were really upset with how nongreen everything was so they were like 'omg we want green planet' and so they went to another planet with only men once they found out how to reproduce asexually after that they gave birth to red-eyed things that were very upset with how green everything was. Result? Dust. Lots of it.

Fearsome121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Fearsome121

I always thought the arrows pointed to the ISA being the "bad-guys"...The Helghans where the first settlers of Vekta before getting pushed off by the ISA. The first game was about them fighting to get back what was originally theirs. That and the way the ISA leaders are portrayed in 2 as being  cowards sending their soldiers to be slaughtered, as well as the conversation with Viscari at the end, further cemented ths idea. That is probably why Kz3's story is quite disappointing in the fact that it didn't capitalize on this in any way,  it would have been cool to have an awesome turn-around towards the end of the game fighting from the other side. Man, Guerilla really need to hire some new writers.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm not from here!
    I have different customs than you!!
    Look at my CRAZY passport!!!

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Skald

In real wars, both sides are bad, depending on your point of view.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By HaltIamReptar
    @extremeradical said:
    " In real wars, both sides are bad, depending on your point of view. "
    That's an extremely radical thought.
    tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By tsolless

It's supposed to be morally ambiguous. That's kind of the point.

http://www.killzone.com//kz/storyline.psml

The above link is a very interesting read of the events leading up to Killzone.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By penguindust
    @august said:
    " British accents. "
    Bingo!  Everyone knows the British are evil. (^_-)* 

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Devil240Z
    @tallTuck94 said:
    " What i mean is why are they seen as an evil threat when they want their word back? Vekta was a Helgast colony before the ISA kicked them onto the shit heap that is Helghan, so really their just grabbing whats rightfuly theirs "
    They invaded the ISA homeworld in Killzone 1. They pearl harbored the ISA first. 
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By PerryVandell

Because in target practice, the targets they are supposed to shoot are hostages. That's some evil shit.

Shift_andrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By Shift_andrew
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @tallTuck94 said:
    " What i mean is why are they seen as an evil threat when they want their word back? Vekta was a Helgast colony before the ISA kicked them onto the shit heap that is Helghan, so really their just grabbing whats rightfuly theirs "
    They invaded the ISA homeworld in Killzone 1. They pearl harbored the ISA first.  "

They owned that planet before Killzone 1 took place. They invaded it because they wanted it back.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By ravensword

Makes you think about who the REAL bad guys are, huh?  

thats what I always liked about Killzones story, it makes you question a bit.
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By bybeach

It's starting to sound like 70/30, or even 60/40 in favor of the ISA. The Helgast do have greviences, hey even bad guys can, because  right/wrong is never 100%, and can even flip. Kind of the feeling one gets as  the USA has veered in time and has become as great an empire as the British before. Things get messed up, and positions compromised. 

Still, I know which side I would want to be on in the Killzone conflict. Except the Helgast do speak well, ISA need language trainers and...maybe the helgast would like Rico? Naw, he's already done enough for them.... And the helgast are red eyed albino rats as posted earliar. That does make me wonder about other implications that usually goes coupled with a facist like state.. 

Edit-The point I was leading to and spaced, The ISA are supressing a state that seems bent on expansion, possibly empire. The Helgast mean to dominate and the ISA mean to stop them. Particular right and wrongs, well.....
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By CL60
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @tallTuck94 said:
    They invaded the ISA homeworld in Killzone 1. They pearl harbored the ISA first.  "
    Erm, the planet they invaded was theirs, the ISA forcefully took it from the Helghast.
    Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Zabant

Because they're enough like americans to be relateable but different enough to be hated by them.

Wait i'm sorry you said helghast? though you meant the British.

Zaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zaft

Because you're on the other side.

That's how war works. Neither side is technically bad, neither side is technically good.

If you were a Helghast, the ISA would be the evil people.

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72  Edited By ChillyUK7

They have English accent's, more specifically London accents, saying they have British accent's includes 4 countries all with drastically different accents. Im not having a go and it's a little hypocritical for me to narrow down someone's nationality given that I have 'UK' in my name (im Scottish but ChillySCO7 just doesn't sound as good as ChillyUK7, I may change it one day:)

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By IkariNoTekken

I don't think they are, which is why I reckon they are visually designed to look like some sort of evil race. It would create quite a bit of controversy releasing a game where you play on the side of a mask-wearing army and go round killing humans, right? Especially Americans.
    Would be nice to see a prequel showing the Helghast side, even showing them as humans before they were forced to Helghan.

When it comes down to it, the Helghast are my preferred race as they are the true icon of the franchise..oh, and they choose to swear rather then scream like little bitches. [Any hint of bias is simply coincidental and has nothing to do with the fact that I am English.]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.