Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Kinect pricing official or just speculation?

Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SomethingClever

Forgive me if this has been covered, I didn't see it but that doesn't mean much.   

On my random browsing I ended up at walmart.com, bestbuy.com, amazon.com and gamestop.com and all of them are listing the Kinect at $149.99 (well, Walmart has it at $148.54).  Was the price announced at some point and I just totally missed it or are they all simply speculating? 

Amazon and Gamestop specifically say these prices are estimates but I didn't see any such disclaimer from Best Buy or Walmart.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SomethingClever

Hmm, I'll have to give that a read.  I like how Gamestop says "if the price decreases between the time you place your preorder and the release date, you'll receive the lowest price."  I'm guessing if the price goes up you are not locked in at your preorder price and in fact are charged the higher price.  Amazon basically says the same thing.  Fun stuff.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By metal_mills
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Definitely speculation.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ravensword

Im not sure if I like that price. Although, if you buy a PS Eye, PS move Controller and the Nav controller, that would run you roughly 130 dollars. Even if you buy the Bundle with the game and add the Nav controller, its still about the same price. So maybe this price aint so bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.