Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

King's Quest

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 28, 2015

Produced by The Odd Gentlemen and released under the revived Sierra label, King's Quest is a re-imagined take on the original series.

My suggestion for a GBE Playdate

Top8Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Top8Gamer

The new King's Quest should be talked about more then it is. Maybe it hasn't been because it's an episodic game and only the first part is out right now but it's actually a pretty big chunk of content with just the one episode. This game is really really good. Even if you haven't played any of the old King's Quest games it doesn't hamper your enjoyment of this one. For me what this game does amazingly well is with the dialogue and the attention to detail. This game has some really great writing. To me it feels like it's up there with really good Pixar movies in that they transcend age. No matter what age you are you will just be grinning from ear to ear while playing this game. The puzzles aren't as nearly obtuse as they can be in some of the older installments in the series.

And for me the thing that really sells the game is the attention to detail. As an example if you play the game near the beginning of the game you'll come across a horn that you blow. Stay there and keep blowing it. I was rendered speechless about the amount of effort that put into this one interaction where in any other game you might of gotten a couple lines of looping dialogue.

I think it would make an excellent game for the GBE crew to check out on a playdate and the game definitely deserves the attention.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.