Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

R-Trigger mapped skills only allows 4?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I'm playing through as a pure Mage, and I currently only have 3 skills mapped. However there are 7 skills in my abilities tree but only 4 available buttons: holding RT and then A, B, X or Y. If I were to purchase all 7 skills, how would they be mapped on the controller?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

You can't... because the game's like something out of a by gone era for RPG's =/ (and even then like in something like Oblivion, there was always the wheel). It's fucking lunacy as to why you can only store 4 spells despite they of course offering up quite a few across the three trees. You can at least activate a sustained spell, then remove it from your set and replace it with an active spell but it's still a complete joke.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Wow. I guess this is just more of a reason for me to focus on four, I guess.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Kierkegaard

Yeah, and as far as I can tell the only purpose of the d-pad is a quick health potion drink. I like that feature, but couldn't I have four more spell selections on there? Course, at this point I just like seeing my giant meteor go boom.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By sjschmidt93

I'm pretty sure the PC version allows you to map 10.

ChaosDent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ChaosDent
    @SJSchmidt93: Yeah, the PC version lets you map them to the number keys. I've only played the demo so far but I preferred the console controls to the mouse and keyboard controls. The PC controls make you choose an active state for both your weapon and your ability and then triggers them using the left and right click. I preferred the more fluid immediate effect feel of switching between weapons using X and Y and using the shoulder button to immediately cast spells. As I said though, I only played the demo so I'm not sure if you would want more than 4 abilities readily available. It seems like it might flavor your level up choices differently than the PC controls.
    benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By benspyda

Yea I'm playing on PC with a controller and found myself just having to respec around 4 spells with my Might/Sorcery hybrid. Seems kinda weird design choice but the games so easy, you can get the job done with 4 spells anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.