Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Knack

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

An action-platformer from Mark Cerny and SCE Japan Studio for PlayStation 4. Knack was the first game ever shown on PS4.

Overlooked?

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By EVO

Of all the upcoming games for the next gen consoles, I think Knack is the one I'm looking forward to most. From what we've seen so far it looks like a throwback to the 3D platformers of the PS1/N64 era, which is why it will probably be the first game I pop in to my PS4. Killzone 4, DriveClub and the other launch titles--those look amazing--but Knack looks like the game that will capture that feeling of playing Crash Bandicoot for the first time.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I agree, Second Son and Knack are the games I'm anticipating the most during the first year - at least those game that have been announced so far. Cartoony action platformers are my favorite, which is one of the main reasons why I'm a Sony guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-613c903ddf820
    deactivated-613c903ddf820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It kind of looks like an average platformer that is primarily designed as a sort of tech demo. From the footage I've seen so far it doesn't come across as a ton of fun to me. Though maybe it'll be the next Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter, there isn't much to go on thus far so I'll reserve judgement till they game actually releases.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't refer to it as "overlooked". Not sure where that's coming from. There aren't exactly a lot of Shadowfall or Second Son threads on the front page of the forum, either. People are just focusing on the bigger more exciting news right now. No DRM on PS4, battlefront 3, etc.

Respighi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Knack looks exceptional but I don't blame Sony for skimming over games that were showcased back in February. That would have wasted a lot of time in a very critical press conference for them. That being said, I hope to see some additional coverage of Knack come out of E3 because we have yet to see what actual gameplay looks like aside from what can be extrapolated from the trailers.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@evo said:

Of all the upcoming games for the next gen consoles, I think Knack is the one I'm looking forward to most. From what we've seen so far it looks like a throwback to the 3D platformers of the PS1/N64 era, which is why it will probably be the first game I pop in to my PS4. Killzone 4, DriveClub and the other launch titles--those look amazing--but Knack looks like the game that will capture that feeling of playing Crash Bandicoot for the first time.

I agree with the sentiment that this is probably what I'll pop in first. There's colors, and charm, which is exactly why I was so happy they showed this first back in February. COLORS!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.