Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Anyone up for a league of legends tournament?

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rb_man

Now that the league of legends Spectator Mode is out I would love to set up a league of legends tournament.

If your interested in playing there are a few thing I would like to know to get it set up I would need to know.

• What map should we use Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline, or The Crystal Scar
    • Would you like to use Blind pick or Draft
    • Single or Double elimination
    • Should it be n00b friendly (No masteries, No runes and maybe no flash)
    • When would you like to have it I would like to try for eather the weekend of November 26th - 27th (Thanksgiving weekend) or the weekend of December 3rd - 4th
    • NA severs or EU severs

I am looking to get 8 teams(It makes a nice even bracket) If you want to play leave a post below and we will see you on the Fields of Justice or some thing like that.

Don't have a team or can't rally 2-4 friends don't worry just tell me the role or champion your best at and I will do my best to pair you up with other people who also don't have a team.

P.S. I am looking to stream out all these games and I am looking for a co-caster preferablyone with knowledge of both LOL, streaming and with better internet then me just PM if your interested.

tagxyoureit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tagxyoureit

I'd be willing to play, If you need 1 guy who is decent at the game. My summoner name is the same, if you want to add me.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jack268

Don't know if my friends will be up for it if there's no prize, but I believe the consensus would be this: 

• Summoner's Rift
    • Draft
    • Double elimination
    • All mechanics should preferably be usable, but since this tournament may require people to create smurf accounts on other servers that's what it's really going to come down to.
    • Give at least 2 weeks of sign up time and it's all good.
    • I'm on EUW, but obviously the majority of people are going to be on NA.
     Again, I think you'll have to go with Blind Pick and n00b mode in the end, since I don't think everyone will want to pay a summoner migration to the server you choose. Unfortunately, that also means some people will end up only being able to play the free week champions.  

Best case scenario, you shoot a mail to Riot staff and ask them to open up the PBE (Public Beta Environment) where every player can own every champion et all for free. You might even get some free swag to give out as prizes like some Riot Points.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Jack has the right listings for tournament rules. Personally, I don't even need all the champs opened up.

I would love to join a tournament, but it would depend on what day/days it would be on.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rb_man

@Jack268: I will try that but I think I would need to have a full bracket for them to give me any thing.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rb_man

@jakob187: I would do it on a week end before 2012 with any luck

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

I'm definitely keen, mate. Know a few other types who'd most likely be interested in participating, as well. Let me know how this goes. Issue might be setting up a time-table that would work for everyone included; especially now that the holidays are drawing near. I'd suggest sometime before the 12th of next month if you can swing it in order to ensure that people don't have to abandon loved ones in mid-christmas dinner/christmas shopping/travelling to be with family, or in my case; moping about the money I spent on my girlfriend.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.