Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Fizz Patch changing Masteries and Summoners Spells

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

All you LoL players realize how big a fucking deal this is. Clarvoiyance and Flash nerf as well as the removal of Fortify and the addition of Promote. Plus all the fucking masteries are changed.

Exciting times.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Tuggah

No more fortify? This is outrageous.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By benderunit22

The new masteries are pretty interesting and seem to have much a bigger impact if you focus on one tree now (whereas right now, you'd waste points if you'd stick to a tree). I'm curious why awareness and runic affinity are so far down the tree, making it pretty tough for junglers for example to get that prolonged buff without sacrificing their core purpose.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

@Tuggah said:

...ly awesome and about goddamn time!

Flash and Ignite have been stupid OP for a while, and Clairvoyance was ruining the fun of League of Legends pretty bad. They didn't talk about "Surge" at all, which makes me wonder if they scrapped it (or if I missed hearing about it in the video). Promote should be nice, but I have a feeling that it'll die out a bit as people continue to play the game.

The new mastery trees, however, are FUCKING SICK! My Shyvana is going to be so stupid goddamn OP at level 1 that it's not funny!

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tuggah

@jakob187 said:

@Tuggah said:

...ly awesome and about goddamn time!

Fortify was the key to my tanks.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By nintendoeats

I really want those new masteries. The old ones had a lot of obnoxious aspects.

BUT GOD DAMN THAT SONA NERF.

Cathadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Cathadan

Consequences will never be the same!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By jakob187

@Tuggah: The role of tanks is beyond just wasting a summoner spell slot to stop damage on a turret. If you are having to do that, then you are suffering from two problems:

1. Your team isn't doing their job of defending turrets well, and they are slacking off in their lanes.
    2. The opposite team is harassing super hard, and your team isn't punishing them for doing that.

Fortify was also an incredibly stifling ability. Sure, it would potentially stop a team from pushing further, but that Fortify also caused the game to drag on for at least another ten minutes.

I can see Fortify being a worthwhile arguing factor if someone said "...but they put a skill in that gives 10 extra dmg per hit to turrets", which is a fairly significant amount overall. However, I'd rather that my team played in a competent manner and punish people for pushing a turret when they shouldn't rather than popping a button because I'm playing poorly.

Overall, I like what I'm seeing in this patch in terms of balance changes and the new masteries. They finally recognize the usefulness of jungling in the trees, they recognize the importance of early game lifesteal and spell vamp for some champs (although I would argue that it reverts some of the previous nerfs on champs like Lee Sin, Morgana, Vlad, etc a bit too much). Corki has needed some serious love, and it's nice to see them giving it to him over the last patch and this one. Caitlyn has needed nerfing for a while. AP Sion has needed to get hit with a barbed wire nerf bat for some time (particularly because very few people are GOOD AP Sions). Overall, it all sounds pretty good.

In the end, though, Fizz is going to be broken as SHIT! No creep collision? FUCKING SICK! He's going to be an incredibly aggressive champ, in ways that Graves and Shyvana only imagined being. I'll be curious to see what he scales from. My guess is AD on Q and AP on W and R. That would be incredibly awkward to do, as it would mean that his Q will be nothing more than a form of escape or initiation.

Either way, Rara has the post up now saying that servers get the hard shutdown at 1AM PST. Get ready for a brave new world, Summoners!

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tuggah

@jakob187 said:

@Tuggah: The role of tanks is beyond just wasting a summoner spell slot to stop damage on a turret. If you are having to do that, then you are suffering from two problems:

1. Your team isn't doing their job of defending turrets well, and they are slacking off in their lanes.
    2. The opposite team is harassing super hard, and your team isn't punishing them for doing that.

Fortify was also an incredibly stifling ability. Sure, it would potentially stop a team from pushing further, but that Fortify also caused the game to drag on for at least another ten minutes.

I can see Fortify being a worthwhile arguing factor if someone said "...but they put a skill in that gives 10 extra dmg per hit to turrets", which is a fairly significant amount overall. However, I'd rather that my team played in a competent manner and punish people for pushing a turret when they shouldn't rather than popping a button because I'm playing poorly.

Fortify for me was usually to stop tower dives or at least kill them while they do it. Because fuck tower dives. But I do agree it does make games drag out a bit longer.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By artgarcrunkle

There's still nothing worth taking over flash so it's kind of a pointless nerf.

And Fizz does decent damage, insane mobility and can double juke over terrain (triple with flash) so eventually he'll be nerfed into obscurity like other champs with hard to balance kits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.