Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Official League of legends world championship 2013 thread

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ToxicFruit
    No Caption Provided

Its that time of the year again. The league of legends world championship starts today.

Unlike last year the games will go from 09/15 and end with the finals on 10/05

You can watch the matches and check out the schedule on http://na.lolesports.com/

Day 1 starts today and it features the best teams from the League of Legends Championship Series and the matches are already insane !

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Blannir

Grats to SK Telecom, they absolutely dominated Royal Club. Very surprised the matches went so quickly, dunno if Royal was off their game or SK is just that good cause they looked nothing like what they showed in the Semis.

Just got into LoL a few months ago so this was the first LCS for me and I really enjoyed it. Riot definitely knows how to put a good presentation together and build up excitement even if you're new to the game and not familiar with the pro scene.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Blowups like that will never cease to be disappointing and boring.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Pretty great show. Riot must be friggin loaded. Was hoping there would be more matches but I was pulling for SK so I'm I'm happy they took it.

It's kinda crazy seeing the Staples Centre full of people watching a game tournament.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm still totally in shock that the World Finals was a 3-0 sweep. SKT played really well, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed with how much of a stomp it was.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Royal Club pretty much lost every game during the picks and bans.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By benderunit22

Can't really blame Riot for the decisive victory, but at least the first 2 games very pretty close for a good while. The semi-final between Royal and Fnatic was probably the best series during worlds which was fantastic overall. I hope they can change the format for next year though, 4 groups with 1 team from NA, EU, Korea and China plus 1 wild card / smaller region team, best 2 teams go into the elimination bracket.

EDIT: Feeling like a scumbag for even asking, but anyone here attended the finals in person and got some skincodes for me to try on EUW?

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By viking_funeral

I thought the whole thing was pretty entertaining, including the 3-0 sweep at the end. Yeah, I would have liked a closer match, but what can you do? The first two games were good, and Royal almost came back in the second. That third game, though. Damn.

My only thought for next time is to not randomly draw the teams into the brackets. Both Korean teams should have been on opposite sides of the bracket, along with both Chinese teams.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Royal Club had just banned Jax, I think the games would have been much closer. The production of the show was outstanding though. And that analyst desk. They need to have those guys around more often.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a re-cap of Worlds:

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.