Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

The map (Summoner's Rift) is getting a visual update!

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By L44

Super duper excited right now, Riot posted an FAQ the key point of which, for me, was that they intend for this to be just as intensive on your PC as League currently is, which seems almost too good to be true. Regardless I'm as keen as a bean.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@l44 said:
    Loading Video...

Super duper excited right now, Riot posted an FAQ the key point of which, for me, was that they intend for this to be just as intensive on your PC as League currently is, which seems almost too good to be true. Regardless I'm as keen as a bean.

So instead of redoing there shitty adobe air client there making the base look more like dota? yep definitely a riot move. Looks nice though

gloomytangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

"Oh God, look at that International prize pool. Dota's pretty, right? Fuck me. BEGIN THE PRETTYING!"

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It does look nice, but I just can't help feeling like they ruined some of the personality in the artstyle. It looks so much like Dota or Dawngate with those changes, while the characters still have a more outlined style to them. It just doesn't mesh well.

It's cool that the map looks more open though, the old style was a little claustrophobic.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@l44: That dragon animation was looong. I presume that is the respawn animation because if that happens every time you go to kill it that's such a waste of time!

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I spend about 99% of my time in ARAM, but I do like the update. It instantly reminded me of Dawngate. As @tobbrobb stated, the characters do seem a bit out of place now, that might be the point though? They mentioned wanting the characters and skills to really pop from the background so that could be why...

The new Dragon and Baron look great!

Warframe121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looking forward to this update, since the whight looks like a frog thing will its name change?

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to this update, since the whight looks like a frog thing will its name change?

It's called "The Gromp" now. A fitting name for a frog.

Warframe121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icemo said:

@warframe121 said:

It's called "The Gromp" now. A fitting name for a frog.

That's quite a cool name for a frog, have they changed the name of anything else or just the whight?

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warframe121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icemo said:

@warframe121: You can see all the changes to Summoners rift here.

Thanks for the link, after looking at all the images i've got to say it looks a lot like dota now and the champs don't fit the new look. Also the minions look awesome.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non ancient graphics? Heresy! BURN!

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really wanted to make the background not distract from the gameplay. Not seeing the "champs don't fit the new look" thing, they definitely are very noticeable in the new map but in a good way.

Clarity was their biggest focus here which is kind of why the map looks a bit darker than the original, and hence why it looks more like dota's map.

I'm glad that with a ton of people playing this game now, the map no longer looks like shit from 2009. I'm also glad it'll be able to run on old computers like mine just as well as the old map did; dota 2 runs like crap on my pc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

League of the Ancients.

In all seriousness good on them. It looks a lot better than what I remember messing around with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.