Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Yeah. Want to try it out ... EU West though...

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

Anyone willing to give me a primer and play a bit? I am downloading it. That's how much experience I have with it, though. (Username Wuddel79)

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Buscemi

Sorry, EU North here, sucks balls, it does! :D

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

You do realize that DOTA is the vastly superior game, right?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By valrog
    @TheDudeOfGaming said:
    You do realize that DOTA is the vastly superior game, right?
    You do realize that you're getting annoying posting this in every goddamn thread, right?

Anyway, I'm on EU East, can't help you out.
    Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ChickenPants
    @Wuddel: Go to the Giant Bomb chat channel, there is sometimes people in there and they'd be glad to help.
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wuddel

Well, actually I have a lot of fun with this game. I bought Tristana and that works very wll for me ("Easy Ranged").

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Azteck

It's a ton of fun, especially with other people on skype or something like that. It helps more than you can imagine.

Moved to EU West from Nordic here since all I got were people who didn't know a single English word. It's fucking incredible how bad it is.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog
    @Azteck: I heard West is not much better, either. Then again, I rarely played a match with people who didn't at least try to communicate in English.
    benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By benderunit22

I'm EU West, summoner name is "Nameless One". If you need some pointers or want someone to play botmatches with (I recommend bot matches until you're more experienced), I'll gladly step in.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Azteck
    @valrog said:
    @Azteck: I heard West is not much better, either. Then again, I rarely played a match with people who didn't at least try to communicate in English.
    Well no, not necessarily but at least in West you can yell out random Spanish words and hope for a response. Cursing in Polish isn't as fun. Besides, it's usually alright when you lane with someone who actually tries speaking English..

Except for when they quit after 10 minutes. We still won that game though
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By valrog
    @Azteck: I guess the bottom line is that community in its whole is pretty terrible. I've seen my share of illiterate people even on US server.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Azteck
    @valrog said:
    @Azteck: I guess the bottom line is that community in its whole is pretty terrible. I've seen my share of illiterate people even on US server.
    It's amazing, really. I have met some cool people that I still play with from time to time on there though, one of them being from Sweden, like me.
    Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChickenPants

Well, it's not really some people's fault if they don't know any English. Not every country places quite the same emphasis on learning English from a young age. As frustrating as it is, I can't begrudge them too much. 

The community is terrible just because of the amount of assholes in the game. I'm sure we've all been excessively flamed numerous times and it's just water of a duck's back at this stage. I can only imagine how many people are immediately put-off the game if they meet one of these dicks in one of their first games.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wuddel

@ChickenPants: Very true. For many people English is only the 3rd or 4th language they learn. Props to them, because English is really the only foreign language I speak.

Well, oddly, in the few matches I played I either was met by silence or relatively friendly (and even funny) people. Gangplank greeted my Tristana (in the pirate skin) with "come with me my illegitimate daughter" ;)

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By valrog

I think ever since they made the reports for things such as "Negative Attitude", the community has become a lot better. Of course there is still a lot of assholes, but there are also times like @Wuddel: mentioned where people are just friendly and funny. And it's great.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By darkvare

just FYI if you have a facebook and like riot games facebook page you get tristana and a skin for her fro free

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.