Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

People Hating on L4D2

• 70 results
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By PureRok

I won't be getting L4D2. I'm disappointed with Valve.

youstolemykill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By youstolemykill

L4D2 was a very odd announcement, when the teaser played at MS conference, I just sat there for like a min, WTF? Looks like there will be alot of content in the game,
    but I would have prefered L4D2 to maybe come out 2 years after L4D1, the survival pack was fun, but we only got that 4-5 weeks ago and we already are talking a sequel?

Crypto136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Crypto136
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By flaminghobo

I'm hating on L4D2 beacuse it just looks like an expansion at best, and since there was only a little support/DLC for the original, I feel a little cheesed off that after playing the game for less than a year they're pumping out a sequel.

1_879_116_9420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By 1_879_116_9420

I'd like this game better than any downloadable map pack or bonus mode. When I think what would make Left 4 Dead fresh right now, daytime maps, melee weapons, and new characters sounds about right.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By pause422

They are considering trying some kind of just add on to the game because they don't want to seperate the audience of people who will still be playing L4D. They said the SDK when it comes out will work with both games, as in if someone creates new maps in L4D1, they will automatically work in 2. I am of course just like everyone else, kinda shocked a Valve game at that is coming out as a sequel only a year later as well..I want episode 3, but until we hear more about it, and exactly how its going to be released when it comes out I think everyone should just stop whining.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Metroid545

I'm both sided on this issue
    1. I really like how L4D2 is looking and I loved the first one
    2.I have been waiting for Episode 3 for far too long

billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By billcosby2004
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By jakob187

Actually, I WILL complain about incendiary ammo, as it makes things far more convoluted than they need to be.  First off, it's gonna make it easier for all the lesser players out there, meaning that Valve is actually dumbing a game down to reach out to a "wider audience".  Read that "wider audience" as "we haven't gotten enough retarded teamkilling 12-year-olds on Xbox Live yet".  Second, it's going to make Versus a pain in the ass, because what happens when one of your teammates picks up that incendiary ammo and then LO AND BEHOLD, the Director decides to spawn a Tank up for your team?  GG!!!  Unless they are adding an option for switching between regular and souped-up ammo in the game, different ammo types (they've said that there will be more than just incendiary ammo) seems like a wasted amount of development time.  They are taking more control out of the player's hands in a situation where players NEED to be able to control THEIR side of things.  Organization will go down the shitter.  It's not like I'm just huffing and puffing here.  We've seen this kind of shit happen PLENTY of times with PLENTY of games...where something gets added for the "wider audience" and it ends up fucking shit up for the dedicated fans.

As for the daytime thing...I understand that the zombie apocalypse doesn't just happen at night...but at the same time, it would seem rather pointless from a survivor's standpoint to be wandering around IN BROAD DAYLIGHT WHERE ZOMBIES CAN SEE YOU WITH NO ISSUE!!!  That is why you move at night.  It's common logic.  Yes, you lose the ability to see the ones sneaking up on you, but the benefit is that you can move without being seen every five minutes.  This leads me to believe that we are taking on the roles of ABSOLUTE IDIOTS!!!

Also, if that "absolute idiots" gets turned into a "well, it's based in the South" comment...I will point out that you can check out the scrawling on the walls in the NORTHERN-based territories of L4D and say "not like we're the only ones!"
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roomrunner said:
    " After hearing about how many new things are in L4D 2, I've come around and can't wait for it now.  I will pay full price for this game.

I just played Dead Air vs today, and the map is so glitched out, it is just beyond repair.  Valve is watching what people do online - Shiva stacking, abusing corners, Smoker insta kills, spamming melee.  I can go on and on.  They need to build a game from the ground up in order to address these problems properly.   
    "
    How would you know.  So far this game looks just like it l4d.  Plus when you make a popular game, tons of exploits are always found, that's why tf2 is still getting small patches.  l4d is so new, the team needs more time to improve it.  The point of getting rid of exploits is fixing something that exists and has been tested by millions of play throughs, not making brand new stuff that hasn't been tested yet.  Such a bogus excuse.  I'm sure that these new levels and enemies are going to have just as many exploits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously everything you have heard them talking about as excuses to make a full game are exactly the same features you would here someone pushing for a expansion pack.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By CL60

Yes, incendiary ammo is a common thing that would be scattered all over the place during a zombie apocalypse, and this doesn't have enough added from the first to call it the second of the series, this could easily be downloadable content.

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63  Edited By Roomrunner
    @Kenobi said:
    "  
    @Roomrunner said:
    " After hearing about how many new things are in L4D 2, I've come around and can't wait for it now.  I will pay full price for this game.

I just played Dead Air vs today, and the map is so glitched out, it is just beyond repair.  Valve is watching what people do online - Shiva stacking, abusing corners, Smoker insta kills, spamming melee.  I can go on and on.  They need to build a game from the ground up in order to address these problems properly.   
    "
    How would you know.  So far this game looks just like it l4d.  Plus when you make a popular game, tons of exploits are always found, that's why tf2 is still getting small patches.  l4d is so new, the team needs more time to improve it.  The point of getting rid of exploits is fixing something that exists and has been tested by millions of play throughs, not making brand new stuff that hasn't been tested yet.  Such a bogus excuse.  I'm sure that these new levels and enemies are going to have just as many exploits. "
    FIrst of all, if you read any of the interviews, the designers explain that they play online and see how people play.   They are building levels from the ground up made to discourage the type of playing they don't like to see online (not just on a singular map.  Annoying people play L4D in a very robotic scripted manner that is not fun).  The original Left 4 Dead wasn't made from the ground up by Valve, it was a purchased property.  What Valve wants to do designing the maps on this new game requires more than "small patches".  The crescendos are different and so is the layout, more open space and more events to shake up a robotic gameplan.

Yeah, the game looks like L4D; it's the same atmosphere and universe.  It should look similar.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roomrunner:
    Even if this is true, and what is now Valve South is getting help to make new maps.  People bought this game knowing the lack of content with the expectation of Valve supporting it for 2 years at least.  So when Valve comes back and says thanks a bunch, now here is a game with a good amount content (that has been proven to be promised for the first game)  but you have to fork up another $50.

Can you at least agree that a full priced game after this odd development cycle would be asking a bit much?
    KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By KindGalaxy

I'm personally pissed off because I was hoping for a 3-4 year gap between sequels, the fact that a development company can turn a new product out within 12 months makes me want to cut myself. I had my entire life planned on a 3-4 year development cycle and Valve the Asshats have ruined it! I for one will continue to wait the 3-4 years before even LOOKING at a Left 4 Dead 2 trailer. God Damn it! /sarcasm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it's just split on who is willing to pay an assumed $50 and who isn't

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By vidiot

This doesn't help either:....

*ahem* Here's the link. Hope I don't get an infraction.

It's pretty clear Valve totally misjudged this. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, that is slightly unexpected...

Tenshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By Tenshin

Same engine = Expansion pack

Am I missing anything?

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Roomrunner

Yes, I can understand a gamer's concern of not getting what they think is their money's worth out of a game.  But personally, L4D 1 has been the only 360 game I've paid full price for, and I've been playing it online since release.  I know I've gotten my $60 out of it, and will out of the new one.  I'm not concerned with getting suckered by Valve.  I'm not a PC gamer, and have only had my 360 for a year.  I haven't been spoiled by giveaways like most of their fans, who have been driven into a rage over something they finally have to pay for.

I did have a huge concern when the game was first announced, that they stamped out the L4D1 community too soon.  I still love to play the game, and prob will for a while.  But now, only the super hardcore glitchers/exploiters will be left, when everyone transitions over to the sequel.  That's what had me annoyed for a while, until I read that the new game is being made for a better repayable experience.  This alone is worth $$$ to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.