Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Want To Play The Original L4D Campaigns on L4D2?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187
    http://l4dmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4252&start=0  

PC GAMERS REJOICE!!!  They've figured out how to do it, folks...and it seems pretty simple.  Mind you, there are some known crashes on the finales, and you need to LEGALLY OWN BOTH GAMES...but nonetheless, this will give you the option to do it... 
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

The power of PC modding has ceased to amaze me.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

I was going to try this a while ago, and I just never got around to it.  Nice to know that works.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SuperSecretAgenda

Now if they could just replace the L4D2 characters with the L4D1 characters...

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

PC GAMING 4 LYF SON 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By jakob187
    @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    " Now if they could just replace the L4D2 characters with the L4D1 characters... "
    I like the L4D2 characters just as much as the first.  It seems that each character kind of plays up in certain campaigns.  Nick is very talkative during the Hard Rain campaign.  Rochelle is talkative during the Dead Center campaign.  Ellis is a chatterbox ESPECIALLY during Swamp Fever.  Coach during Dark Carnival.  In The Parish, they are all pretty equal. 

Sure, they aren't as memorable as Francis, Bill, Louis, and Zoey...but then again...the new Prince in Prince of Persia isn't as good as the last one IMO.  lol 

I want some reverse engineering on this, though.  I want to play as the original four in the new campaigns.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

Nice that you have the ability to do so.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karmum
    @jakob187 said:
    " @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    " Now if they could just replace the L4D2 characters with the L4D1 characters... "
    I like the L4D2 characters just as much as the first.  It seems that each character kind of plays up in certain campaigns.  Nick is very talkative during the Hard Rain campaign.  Rochelle is talkative during the Dead Center campaign.  Ellis is a chatterbox ESPECIALLY during Swamp Fever.  Coach during Dark Carnival.  In The Parish, they are all pretty equal.  Sure, they aren't as memorable as Francis, Bill, Louis, and Zoey...but then again...the new Prince in Prince of Persia isn't as good as the last one IMO.  lol  I want some reverse engineering on this, though.  I want to play as the original four in the new campaigns. "
    I wonder how much this will silence the people that were bitter about a new L4D game. You now have new campaigns, and the old campaigns, all in one package. Sure, you don't get all of the characters.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Karmum said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    I like the L4D2 characters just as much as the first.  It seems that each character kind of plays up in certain campaigns.  Nick is very talkative during the Hard Rain campaign.  Rochelle is talkative during the Dead Center campaign.  Ellis is a chatterbox ESPECIALLY during Swamp Fever.  Coach during Dark Carnival.  In The Parish, they are all pretty equal.  Sure, they aren't as memorable as Francis, Bill, Louis, and Zoey...but then again...the new Prince in Prince of Persia isn't as good as the last one IMO.  lol  I want some reverse engineering on this, though.  I want to play as the original four in the new campaigns. "
    I wonder how much this will silence the people that were bitter about a new L4D game. You now have new campaigns, and the old campaigns, all in one package. Sure, you don't get all of the characters. "
    You still have to own both.

If you want to do this legally, that is.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karmum

Very good point. Surprised I didn't think of that myself.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB

I don't understand why there's all the warnings about damaging game files on there. All you have to do to fix any messed up install on Steam is to just delete and re-download.

Also, like the disclaimer on that method says, you could probably just wait a little while for someone to create a vpk and do this properly. Right now, the method of setting everything up is pretty involved, buggy, and a half-assed implementation.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

Nice.

scubasteve2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By scubasteve2010

This is something that Ive desperately wanted Valve to officially incorporate for both PC and those of us to cheap to spend mad serious cash on our gaming habit (Xbox 360 owners). For the 360, I'm sure there is some game save/data verification tricks Valve could use to authenticate that you owned the first game. Hey, throw in some adapted scavenge mode and I bet there would even be lots of people like myself willing to pay a nominal fee *read less than $10* for the process.  Also it could be a great way to sell the first game to those who haven't boughten it. The campaigns in the first game were fun, but I find it kinda hard to go back to L4D 1  with only the 3 special infected. It would be a fairly easy way of ostensibly doubling the game.

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mthe1337one
    @Karmum said:
    I wonder how much this will silence the people that were bitter about a new L4D game. You now have new campaigns, and the old campaigns, all in one package. Sure, you don't get all of the characters. "
    granted, OP did mention there are bugs.  but yeah pretty impressive.  idk, chances are pretty high that the ppl who own l4d2 already owned the first game to begin with......so, just switch games lol.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Whatever happened to that Dawn of the Dead map? Did that ever get finished for the first game and/or is it being lifted to the second?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I only have a 360 :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.