Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Left 4 Dead Freaky Free Friday

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#1  Edited By LordAndrew

The PC version of Left 4 Dead will be available for everyone to play for a 24 hour period, starting Friday at 12:01 am GMT. If you don't own the game yet, here's your chance to play. Click here to preload the game so that you'll be ready to start playing on Friday.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By inkeiren

Thank you!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Anyone who doesn't own Left 4 Dead NEEDS to check this out.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Damn, for a second I thought it was a free download of the full game (that didn't expire).

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By tekmojo

Any decent mods for L4D PC? Is there a way to have slower zombies or more of them like dawn of the dead? I've been playing L4D on 360 a lot but I'm itching for some classic zombie shoot 'em up.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

The game is only a 24-Hour Trail.  Once it hits Saturday, then the game locks up.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60

Cool

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordAndrew
    ParanoidFreak said:
    "Damn, for a second I thought it was a free download of the full game (that didn't expire)."
    They'd be insane to do that. :D Although usually when they do free weekends they do drop the price temporarily to further entice people to buy. I don't know why they didn't do that this time.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By suneku

This is why Valve is one of the best companies out there.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ShadowKiller

Dammit I have a basketball tournament that I'm going to and I won't be home all Friday. I'm just hoping I can snag a 360 version at a pretty good price at the EB Games by the hotel.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Absurd

I'll be playing it

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    LordAndrew said:
    "ParanoidFreak said:
    "Damn, for a second I thought it was a free download of the full game (that didn't expire)."
    They'd be insane to do that. :D Although usually when they do free weekends they do drop the price temporarily to further entice people to buy. I don't know why they didn't do that this time."
    They did, actually.  The game's only $23.99

ShadowKiller
    said:
    "Dammit I have a basketball tournament that I'm going to and I won't be home all Friday. I'm just hoping I can snag a 360 version at a pretty good price at the EB Games by the hotel."
    It's available for download right now, so I'd recommend starting that download ASAP!

I've played it a bit on 360, but have been itching to check it out on PC, so I'm installing it right now.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gmanall
    MattyFTM said:
    "Anyone who doesn't own Left 4 Dead NEEDS to check this out."
    My PC stinks, I played the demo and was so slow on my laptop(Lowest setting(Again it stinks ))
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordAndrew
    MisterSpiffy said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    "ParanoidFreak said:
    They'd be insane to do that. :D Although usually when they do free weekends they do drop the price temporarily to further entice people to buy. I don't know why they didn't do that this time."
    They did, actually.  The game's only $23.99"
    Cool. The price must have dropped since my last post.

Gmanall said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    My PC stinks, I played the demo and was so slow on my laptop(Lowest setting(Again it stinks )) "
    My laptop barely runs it and I know my desktop PC won't run it at all, but that didn't stop me from buying. :D
    Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gmanall
    LordAndrew said:
    "MisterSpiffy said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    "ParanoidFreak said:
    They did, actually.  The game's only $23.99"
    Cool. The price must have dropped since my last post.

Gmanall said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    My PC stinks, I played the demo and was so slow on my laptop(Lowest setting(Again it stinks )) "
    My laptop barely runs it and I know my desktop PC won't run it at all, but that didn't stop me from buying. :D"
    Well with a limited budget I would like to buy something that works on my laptop. When I upgradee I think I will buy it.
    ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShadowKiller
    MisterSpiffy said:
    ShadowKiller said:
    "Dammit I have a basketball tournament that I'm going to and I won't be home all Friday. I'm just hoping I can snag a 360 version at a pretty good price at the EB Games by the hotel."
    It's available for download right now, so I'd recommend starting that download ASAP!
    Yeah it's almost 11 where I live and I have to get up 7 to go to school in the morning so no Left 4 Dead for me :(
    MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    ShadowKiller said:
    "MisterSpiffy said:
    ShadowKiller said:
    Yeah it's almost 11 where I live and I have to get up 7 to go to school in the morning so no Left 4 Dead for me :("
    Damn, I have the day off tomorrow so I should have more than enough time to try this out.  I doubt it'll run very well though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.